moving rpm files - Linux

This is a discussion on moving rpm files - Linux ; How can I move the files in /var/lib/rpm to /home/lib/rpm without disrupting the RPM system? THanks....

  1. moving rpm files

    How can I move the files in /var/lib/rpm to /home/lib/rpm
    without disrupting the RPM system?

    THanks.

  2. Re: moving rpm files

    On 9 Mar 2005 06:36:11 GMT, a posting issued forth from :crp:...
    > How can I move the files in /var/lib/rpm to /home/lib/rpm
    > without disrupting the RPM system?
    >
    > THanks.

    Using a liberal definition of 'move', either:

    1:
    # mkdir -p /home/lib/rpm
    # cp -a /var/lib/rpm/* /home/lib/rpm/

    2:
    # mkdir /home/lib
    # mv /var/lib/rpm /home/lib
    # ln -s /home/lib/rpm /var/lib/

    Neither *should* interrupt the function of rpm, but be prepared to
    restore if they do. Losing your RPM database could be painful.

    --
    Jacob
    mailto:`echo wnpbo@urvqre.ubzryvahk.arg | tr [a-z] [n-za-m]`

+ Reply to Thread