Linmodem drivers for a weird FC - Linux

This is a discussion on Linmodem drivers for a weird FC - Linux ; I have FC2 (2.6.5.1-358 or something), and I can't get the right linmodem drivers. Does anyone know a place to get these that supports a Fedora that isn't 2.4? Thanks, poly-p man...

  1. Linmodem drivers for a weird FC

    I have FC2 (2.6.5.1-358 or something), and I can't get the right
    linmodem drivers. Does anyone know a place to get these that supports a
    Fedora that isn't 2.4?
    Thanks,
    poly-p man

  2. Re: Linmodem drivers for a weird FC

    > I have FC2 (2.6.5.1-358 or something), and I can't get the right
    > linmodem drivers. Does anyone know a place to get these that supports a
    > Fedora that isn't 2.4?
    > Thanks,
    > poly-p man

    Could we at least have the vender:model number of the modem in question?
    lspci -n

    linmodems.org might be a good start.

    Shadow_7

  3. Re: Linmodem drivers for a weird FC

    Shadow_7 wrote:
    > linmodems.org might be a good start.

    I went to linmodems.org, and downloaded their mode finder utility. It
    gave me some text files, which told me that I had an Intel 537 chipset.
    Call me a newbie, but could you guide me through the rest of the
    process?
    thanks,
    poly-p man

  4. Re: Linmodem drivers for a weird FC

    >> linmodems.org might be a good start.
    >
    > I went to linmodems.org, and downloaded their mode finder utility. It
    > gave me some text files, which told me that I had an Intel 537 chipset.
    > Call me a newbie, but could you guide me through the rest of the
    > process?

    The process involves tldp.org kernel.org and netfilter.org plus
    linmodems.org for a software driver if you have a software modem and it
    has a driver that supports it. Beyond that I can't help you until you
    tell me exactly what you have.

    lspci | grep -i "communication controller"

    results on mine == 0000:01:0e.0 Comminication controller: Lucent
    Microelectronics LT WinModem

    lspci -n -s 01:0e.0

    results on mine == 0000:01:0e.0 780: 11c1:044e

    Without the above information relative to your hardware, not mine, I can't
    help further. Mine took a bit of tinkering though.

    lspci -vv -s 01:0e.0

    (summerized)
    IRQ 10
    region 1: 0x3800
    region 2: 0x3400

    lt_modem params (overriding defaults / auto detection)
    options lt_modem Forced=10,0x3400,0x3800,0
    (the above line from /etc/modules.conf)
    (via /etc/modutils/ltmodem and update-modules)

    Basically what you've given me so far is the rough equivalent of going to
    an auto mechanic and saying that you need mechanical work done on your
    vehicle. When asked what type of vehicle, your only response being, yes,
    I think it's a car. Basically not much to go on.

    Shadow_7

  5. Re: Linmodem drivers for a weird FC

    never mind, I did a search on google and found a quick link (from
    linmodems.org) to the intel site, which gave me a driver that worked.

+ Reply to Thread