FC3: firestarter + dynamic DNS hostname = trouble - Linux

This is a discussion on FC3: firestarter + dynamic DNS hostname = trouble - Linux ; I'm using firestarter in FC3 to config the firewall and it seems great. Only problem I've ran into is that I'm wanting to create a rule based on a dynamic DNS hostname (using the dyndns.org service). So I make a ...

  1. FC3: firestarter + dynamic DNS hostname = trouble

    I'm using firestarter in FC3 to config the firewall and it seems great.
    Only problem I've ran into is that I'm wanting to create a rule based on
    a dynamic DNS hostname (using the dyndns.org service).
    So I make a rule allowing the host somehostname.dyndns.org access
    (having set up this address with dyndns.org previously), but it wasn't
    working. I did iptables -L to see what was going on and I could see that
    firestarter has done an IP lookup on my hostname, and then done reverse
    DNS lookup on that, and got a different hostname which is IP-specific of
    the form:

    hostXX-XXX-XXX-XX.rangeXX-XX.btcentralplus.com

    ^^^ contains the actual current dynamic IP address!

    Is there a way to tell firestart not to mess around with the hostname I
    give and just accept it verbatim?
    Should I think about editing the iptables directly?

    ta
    alex

  2. Re: FC3: firestarter + dynamic DNS hostname = trouble

    who have program dynamic dns server opensource? Can have me??

    -
    mauti
    mautim's Profile: http:/linuxcult.com/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1643
    View this thread: http://linuxcult.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=871