How to search through all the files in all the levels of your directories. - Linux

This is a discussion on How to search through all the files in all the levels of your directories. - Linux ; In emacs, what can be done to run a command?... like find -type f -print0 |xargs -0 grep -i foo The prompt appeared and an error message... Fatal error (11).Segmentation fault I'm trying to search though all files in all ...

  1. How to search through all the files in all the levels of your directories.

    In emacs, what can be done to run a command?... like
    find -type f -print0 |xargs -0 grep -i foo

    The prompt appeared and an error message...
    Fatal error (11).Segmentation fault

    I'm trying to search though all files
    in all the levels of my directories

  2. Re: How to search through all the files in all the levels of yourdirectories.

    dsaklad@zurich.csail.mit.edu wrote:
    > In emacs, what can be done to run a command?... like
    > find -type f -print0 |xargs -0 grep -i foo
    >
    > The prompt appeared and an error message...
    > Fatal error (11).Segmentation fault
    >
    > I'm trying to search though all files
    > in all the levels of my directories

    Well, worked fine for me, except I began my search in /tmp

+ Reply to Thread