fstab - Linux

This is a discussion on fstab - Linux ; How can I mount a partition in fstab at startup so a non-root user can access it?...

  1. fstab

    How can I mount a partition in fstab at startup so a non-root user can
    access it?

  2. Re: fstab

    Spake DigitalDragon:
    > How can I mount a partition in fstab at startup so a non-root user can
    > access it?

    Add "user" to the options column. For example:

    /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom auto ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0

    The fstab and mount manpages have more information. Type "man 5 fstab"
    and "man 8 mount" in a terminal to read them.

    --
    Trent Buck, Student Errant
    Talk is cheap. Show me the code. -- Linus Torvalds

  3. Re: fstab

    Elloz.

    check out this link http://tinyurl.com/55exj

    for all ya mounting needz ;

    -
    xerverkillah - foo.ba

    [ Athlon XP 3000+ ] [ GeForce FX5900XT ] [ Gigabyte K7 Triton ]
    Western Digital 80+120GB ] [ 512MB DDR SD
    xerverkillah's Profile: http:/linuxcult.com/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1537
    View this thread: http://linuxcult.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=868

+ Reply to Thread