Server solution for a web design shop. - Linux

This is a discussion on Server solution for a web design shop. - Linux ; Hi, all. Would you be kind enough to comment on my choices for setting up a web design shop's servers? We can afford two servers at a managed facility. We currently have one server there that easily handles our traffic/cpu ...

  1. Server solution for a web design shop.

    Hi, all. Would you be kind enough to comment on my choices for setting
    up a web design shop's servers?

    We can afford two servers at a managed facility. We currently have one
    server there that easily handles our traffic/cpu load. This server
    does everything - web, db, dns x 2, mail, etc. I am going to buy a
    second server that has an hourly rsync backup of files on the primary
    server. If the primary goes down, the secondary will know and run a
    script to acquire the IP address of the primary. Once primary is back
    up, secondary will relinquish the IP address.

    I believe MySQL replication could be the answer to keeping databases up
    to date.

    These servers are running RedHat Enterprise Linux 3.

  2. Re: Server solution for a web design shop.

    http://www.plsgoogleit.com/

    "Graylight" wrote in message
    news:1109946441.908276.146230@l41g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi, all. Would you be kind enough to comment on my choices for setting
    > up a web design shop's servers?
    >
    > We can afford two servers at a managed facility. We currently have one
    > server there that easily handles our traffic/cpu load. This server
    > does everything - web, db, dns x 2, mail, etc. I am going to buy a
    > second server that has an hourly rsync backup of files on the primary
    > server. If the primary goes down, the secondary will know and run a
    > script to acquire the IP address of the primary. Once primary is back
    > up, secondary will relinquish the IP address.
    >
    > I believe MySQL replication could be the answer to keeping databases up
    > to date.
    >
    > These servers are running RedHat Enterprise Linux 3.

+ Reply to Thread