randomly booting problem for AT91RM9200DK - Linux

This is a discussion on randomly booting problem for AT91RM9200DK - Linux ; Hello, I have an AT91RM9200DK board. uboot and Arm-linux is running on it. It randomly fails to bootup. It drives me crazy. Any hint is appreciated. The board sometimes fails to boot from uboot, not always. For example, I just ...

  1. randomly booting problem for AT91RM9200DK

    Hello,

    I have an AT91RM9200DK board. uboot and Arm-linux is running on it. It
    randomly fails to bootup. It drives me crazy. Any hint is appreciated.

    The board sometimes fails to boot from uboot, not always. For example,
    I just simply power off and on the board. At the first 42 times, linux
    boot ok. AT the 43th time, the board cannot boot normally. My
    hypertermial shows the following 2 lines and then all kinds of garbage
    information.

    Enter: Load U-BOOT from dataflash[c0008000] to SDRAM[21f00000]
    Set PLLA to 180Mhz and Master clock to 60Mhz and start U-BOOT $1 ' $'$
    m $ '

    These 2 lines are before uboot start. And it fails at the different
    location. I mean sometimes uboot starts ok but it fails before "Hit
    any key to stop autoboot".

    Since the code runs fine in most times, I guess it is caused by the
    hardware
    failure, or some configuration is wrong? Any suggestion?

    Thanks

    Dengyi

  2. Re: randomly booting problem for AT91RM9200DK

    On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 14:18:55 -0800, Dengyi thoughtfully wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have an AT91RM9200DK board. uboot and Arm-linux is running on it. It
    > randomly fails to bootup. It drives me crazy. Any hint is appreciated.
    >
    > The board sometimes fails to boot from uboot, not always. For example, I
    > just simply power off and on the board. At the first 42 times, linux boot
    > ok. AT the 43th time, the board cannot boot normally. My hypertermial
    > shows the following 2 lines and then all kinds of garbage information.
    >
    > Enter: Load U-BOOT from dataflash[c0008000] to SDRAM[21f00000] Set PLLA to
    > 180Mhz and Master clock to 60Mhz and start U-BOOT $1 ' $'$ m $ '
    >
    > These 2 lines are before uboot start. And it fails at the different
    > location. I mean sometimes uboot starts ok but it fails before "Hit any
    > key to stop autoboot".
    >
    > Since the code runs fine in most times, I guess it is caused by the
    > hardware
    > failure, or some configuration is wrong? Any suggestion?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Dengyi

    Because the error addresses SDRAM I'd memtest86 your memory and set bios
    to access memory at the std. settings.

+ Reply to Thread