Ignorance on a basic India fact - Linux

This is a discussion on Ignorance on a basic India fact - Linux ; I'm surprised that the Linux OS keeps commiting the mistake of showing Calcutta when selecting the time zone. (Mandrake and Red Hat are the ones I've seen having this glaring error so far) The Indian Standard Time is calculated from ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: Ignorance on a basic India fact

  1. Ignorance on a basic India fact

    I'm surprised that the Linux OS keeps commiting the mistake of showing
    Calcutta when selecting the time zone. (Mandrake and Red Hat are the
    ones I've seen having this glaring error so far) The Indian Standard
    Time is calculated from Allahabad. Calcutta (now Kolkata) is neither
    the capital of India nor the nation's largest city. I would like to
    see all Linux versions switch over to either New Delhi or a list of
    the largest Indian cities like in Windows.

    I would also like to see Indian English (en-in) added to the list of
    available languages.

    Regards

  2. Re: Ignorance on a basic India fact

    On 3 Mar 2005 12:01:18 -0800
    alnico@operamail.com (Nicholas) wrote:

    > I'm surprised that the Linux OS keeps commiting the mistake of showing
    > Calcutta when selecting the time zone. (Mandrake and Red Hat are the
    > ones I've seen having this glaring error so far) The Indian Standard
    > Time is calculated from Allahabad. Calcutta (now Kolkata) is neither
    > the capital of India nor the nation's largest city. I would like to
    > see all Linux versions switch over to either New Delhi or a list of
    > the largest Indian cities like in Windows.
    >
    > I would also like to see Indian English (en-in) added to the list of
    > available languages.


    Since linux is maintained by the linux community, and since you're so
    bothered by the inaccuracies, why don't you fix them?



    -Dave

    --
    David Frascone

    Oxymoron: Southern Front.

  3. Re: Ignorance on a basic India fact

    On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 12:01:18 -0800, Nicholas wrote:

    > I'm surprised that the Linux OS keeps commiting the mistake of showing
    > Calcutta when selecting the time zone. (Mandrake and Red Hat are the
    > ones I've seen having this glaring error so far) The Indian Standard
    > Time is calculated from Allahabad. Calcutta (now Kolkata) is neither the
    > capital of India nor the nation's largest city. I would like to see all
    > Linux versions switch over to either New Delhi or a list of the largest
    > Indian cities like in Windows.


    This may be the most meaningless complaint about any OS I've ever seen.


    --
    Life is short, but wide. -KV


  4. Re: Ignorance on a basic India fact

    alnico@operamail.com (Nicholas) scribbled on the stall wall:
    > I'm surprised that the Linux OS keeps commiting the mistake of showing
    > Calcutta when selecting the time zone. (Mandrake and Red Hat are the
    > ones I've seen having this glaring error so far) The Indian Standard
    > Time is calculated from Allahabad. Calcutta (now Kolkata) is neither
    > the capital of India nor the nation's largest city. I would like to
    > see all Linux versions switch over to either New Delhi or a list of
    > the largest Indian cities like in Windows.
    >
    > I would also like to see Indian English (en-in) added to the list of
    > available languages.


    Don't even get me started! I wish India and Pakistan would just push the
    button on each other so all those stupid americans who are on the phone
    with Dell's award winning 24x7 technical support can hear the headsets
    melting in the background and realize that John Smith isn't answering
    their tech questions. It's some moron named Apu who makes $0.25/hr and
    has to look up tech answers on a knowledge search databse.



    ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
    http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
    ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----

  5. Re: Ignorance on a basic India fact

    On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 12:01:18 -0800, Nicholas wrote:

    > I'm surprised that the Linux OS keeps commiting the mistake of showing
    > Calcutta when selecting the time zone. (Mandrake and Red Hat are the
    > ones I've seen having this glaring error so far) The Indian Standard
    > Time is calculated from Allahabad. Calcutta (now Kolkata) is neither
    > the capital of India nor the nation's largest city. I would like to
    > see all Linux versions switch over to either New Delhi or a list of
    > the largest Indian cities like in Windows.
    >
    > I would also like to see Indian English (en-in) added to the list of
    > available languages.
    >
    > Regards


    Submit a bug report, or even better, a patch to the vendors. That would
    be more productive than venting in newsgroups.

    Cheers,
    Minderbinder.


  6. Re: Ignorance on a basic India fact

    Typical Linux luser responses to a not unreasonable comment. And yet
    these are the same lusers who think that Linux is better than anything
    else including sliced bread.

    Not everyone can or has the ability to submit a patch. So shut your cake
    holes.

  7. Re: Ignorance on a basic India fact

    On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 15:05:28 +0000, Frem wrote:

    > Typical Linux luser responses to a not unreasonable comment. And yet
    > these are the same lusers who think that Linux is better than anything
    > else including sliced bread.


    Typical dumbass that likes to call people names but isn't smart enough to
    post his message so it threads after the message he's responding to.

    > Not everyone can or has the ability to submit a patch. So shut your cake
    > holes.


    Anyone can submit a feature request or bug report. If you don't use Linux
    why don't you get the **** out of the Linux groups?


    --
    Life is short, but wide. -KV


  8. Re: Ignorance on a basic India fact

    Ivan Marsh wrote:
    > On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 15:05:28 +0000, Frem wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Typical Linux luser responses to a not unreasonable comment. And yet
    >>these are the same lusers who think that Linux is better than anything
    >>else including sliced bread.

    >
    >
    > Typical dumbass that likes to call people names but isn't smart enough to
    > post his message so it threads after the message he's responding to.


    I actually replied to the original poster, so you're the dumbass for
    assuming something incorrectly!

    >
    >>Not everyone can or has the ability to submit a patch. So shut your cake
    >>holes.

    >
    >
    > Anyone can submit a feature request or bug report.


    Yes, and that wasn't the response the original poster got, was it? One
    respondent did say that, but the others:

    1. ...why don't you fix them?
    2. This may be the most meaningless complaint about any OS I've ever seen.
    3. I wish India and Pakistan would just push the button on each other


    > If you don't use Linux
    > why don't you get the **** out of the Linux groups?


    I do, it's just dumb ass idiot lusers like you and these other
    respondents who give Linux a bad name. So if you can't do better, please
    **** off yourself.

    I do use Linux so I'm in the right place. Unlike you, and three other
    people at least.



  9. Re: Ignorance on a basic India fact

    On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 17:21:37 +0000, Frem wrote:

    > Ivan Marsh wrote:
    >> On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 15:05:28 +0000, Frem wrote:
    >>
    >>>Typical Linux luser responses to a not unreasonable comment. And yet
    >>>these are the same lusers who think that Linux is better than anything
    >>>else including sliced bread.

    >>
    >> Typical dumbass that likes to call people names but isn't smart enough to
    >> post his message so it threads after the message he's responding to.

    >
    > I actually replied to the original poster, so you're the dumbass for
    > assuming something incorrectly!


    So, I guess context means nothing to you?

    >>>Not everyone can or has the ability to submit a patch. So shut your cake
    >>>holes.

    >>
    >> Anyone can submit a feature request or bug report.

    >
    > Yes, and that wasn't the response the original poster got, was it? One
    > respondent did say that, but the others:
    >
    > 1. ...why don't you fix them?
    > 2. This may be the most meaningless complaint about any OS I've ever seen.
    > 3. I wish India and Pakistan would just push the button on each other


    Wow, people have opinions.

    >> If you don't use Linux
    >> why don't you get the **** out of the Linux groups?

    >
    > I do, it's just dumb ass idiot lusers like you and these other
    > respondents who give Linux a bad name. So if you can't do better, please
    > **** off yourself.


    I refuse.

    > I do use Linux so I'm in the right place. Unlike you, and three other
    > people at least.


    Has your lithium run out?

    --
    Life is short, but wide. -KV


  10. Re: Ignorance on a basic India fact

    Ivan Marsh wrote:
    >
    > So, I guess context means nothing to you?


    Actually it does, which is why I responded to the original recipient.


    > Wow, people have opinions.


    Yes, stupid, useless unhelpful opinions. So why don't they just shut up
    instead? It looks like Linux users are unhelpful.

    > Has your lithium run out?


    Don't try and be smart.

  11. Re: Ignorance on a basic India fact

    On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 17:33:23 +0000, Frem wrote:

    > Ivan Marsh wrote:
    >>
    >> So, I guess context means nothing to you?

    >
    > Actually it does, which is why I responded to the original recipient.


    ....and created a thread that made no sense.

    >> Wow, people have opinions.

    >
    > Yes, stupid, useless unhelpful opinions. So why don't they just shut up
    > instead? It looks like Linux users are unhelpful.


    Like asking why a city in a time zone selector was chosen for reasons
    other than the reasons Windows chose a specific city? Most people know
    Calcutta is a city in India, Allahabad on the other hand, I've never even
    heard of... this may show MY ignorance of India but certainly not
    ignorance on the part of the software designers.

    >> Has your lithium run out?

    >
    > Don't try and be smart.


    Then don't flip out about two perfectly reasonable responses to a post and
    one that was clearly posted by a racist moron.

    --
    Life is short, but wide. -KV


  12. Re: Ignorance on a basic India fact

    Ivan Marsh wrote:

    > ...and created a thread that made no sense.


    In your opinion. I am sure it made perfect sense to the originator of
    the post.

    > Like asking why a city in a time zone selector was chosen for reasons
    > other than the reasons Windows chose a specific city? Most people know
    > Calcutta is a city in India, Allahabad on the other hand, I've never even
    > heard of...


    Unlike most people in India, which is where most people who want to set
    that time zone no doubt would be living. You have just demonstrated in
    one sentence the problem that Nicholas is referring to.

    > this may show MY ignorance of India but certainly not
    > ignorance on the part of the software designers.


    Actually it does. It shows their ignorance up in big letters.

    >
    >>>Has your lithium run out?

    >>
    >>Don't try and be smart.

    >
    >
    > Then don't flip out about two perfectly reasonable responses to a post and
    > one that was clearly posted by a racist moron.


    Actually three very crap responses, which you have only now lowered
    yourself to complain about one. It doesn't do Linux any good for people
    to see responses like those I referred to above. They are stupid and
    unhelpful.

  13. Re: Ignorance on a basic India fact

    Ivan Marsh wrote:

    > ...and created a thread that made no sense.


    In your opinion. I am sure it made perfect sense to the originator of
    the post.

    > Like asking why a city in a time zone selector was chosen for reasons
    > other than the reasons Windows chose a specific city? Most people know
    > Calcutta is a city in India, Allahabad on the other hand, I've never even
    > heard of...


    Unlike most people in India, which is where most people who want to set
    that time zone no doubt would be living. You have just demonstrated in
    one sentence the problem that Nicholas is referring to.

    > this may show MY ignorance of India but certainly not
    > ignorance on the part of the software designers.


    Actually it does. It shows their ignorance up in big letters.

    >
    >>>Has your lithium run out?

    >>
    >>Don't try and be smart.

    >
    >
    > Then don't flip out about two perfectly reasonable responses to a post and
    > one that was clearly posted by a racist moron.


    Actually three very crap responses, which you have only now lowered
    yourself to complain about one. It doesn't do Linux any good for people
    to see responses like those I referred to above. They are stupid and
    unhelpful.

  14. Re: Ignorance on a basic India fact

    On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 19:13:33 +0000, Frem wrote:

    > Ivan Marsh wrote:
    >
    >> ...and created a thread that made no sense.

    >
    > In your opinion. I am sure it made perfect sense to the originator of
    > the post.
    >
    >> Like asking why a city in a time zone selector was chosen for reasons
    >> other than the reasons Windows chose a specific city? Most people know
    >> Calcutta is a city in India, Allahabad on the other hand, I've never
    >> even heard of...

    >
    > Unlike most people in India, which is where most people who want to set
    > that time zone no doubt would be living. You have just demonstrated in
    > one sentence the problem that Nicholas is referring to.


    Well, had the software been written in India (like Windows will no doubt
    be in recent years) that may make sense.

    >> this may show MY ignorance of India but certainly not ignorance on the
    >> part of the software designers.

    >
    > Actually it does. It shows their ignorance up in big letters.


    Not if general familiarity with well known cities in the world was their
    reason for choosing the cities they chose.

    >>>>Has your lithium run out?
    >>>
    >>>Don't try and be smart.

    >>
    >> Then don't flip out about two perfectly reasonable responses to a post
    >> and one that was clearly posted by a racist moron.

    >
    > Actually three very crap responses,


    No, one; that was perfectly reasonable and didn't assume that the skill
    level or intelligence of the OP was as low as you obviously think it is.

    Two; my response, that was obviously an opinion (that's still allowed
    isn't it), that was true and accurate.

    When someone posts a message suggesting that the Linux community is
    ignorant of art because the default wallpaper in gnome or KDE isn't as
    ascetically pleasing as the default wallpaper in XP there will be a new
    post that I consider the most meaningless issue anyone has ever had with
    an OS... but until then, I'm sticking with the "I'm displeased with your
    choice of cities" post.

    Three; a post from an obvious idiot... do with him what you will.

    ....and four; your post that was no more helpful than any of the others.

    As a matter o' fact the only suggestion that was helpful, as you agreed,
    was mine: "that anyone can submit a feature request to the software
    writers." ...but I would think that option should be obvious to anyone. I
    apologize if I was mistaken.

    > which you have only now lowered yourself to complain about one. It
    > doesn't do Linux any good for people to see responses like those I
    > referred to above. They are stupid and unhelpful.


    But it helps them to see: "Typical Linux luser responses to a not
    unreasonable comment. And yet these are the same lusers who think that
    Linux is better than anything else including sliced bread.

    Not everyone can or has the ability to submit a patch. So shut your cake
    holes."

    Insulting, oppressive, and gives a pretty good indication that you don't
    support Linux or the community. And, if you're going to insult someone
    have the courage to make sure they know who you're talking about. After
    all... going back to my "maintaining the thread" comment, when there are
    more messages posted to the thread no one is going to have any idea who
    you, in your infinite wisdom, have now dubbed a luser.

    ....or Like double posting your response to this thread? Having trouble
    with your news reader? See, that's a support question that someone here
    would be happy to help you with.

    --
    Life is short, but wide. -KV


  15. Re: Ignorance on a basic India fact

    Ivan Marsh wrote:

    > Well, had the software been written in India (like Windows will no doubt
    > be in recent years) that may make sense.


    Actually it makes sense now.

    > Not if general familiarity with well known cities in the world was their
    > reason for choosing the cities they chose.


    You can't get away with that. General familiarity is not good enough. It
    takes no more than a few minutes to check.


    > No, one; that was perfectly reasonable and didn't assume that the skill
    > level or intelligence of the OP was as low as you obviously think it is.>


    It made an assumption about the skill level.

    > Two; my response, that was obviously an opinion (that's still allowed
    > isn't it), that was true and accurate.


    Yes, a very unhelpful comment. You are obviously entitled to your
    opinion, but it shows you up as narrow minded and happy to put with
    innacuracies within Linux.

    > When someone posts a message suggesting that the Linux community is
    > ignorant of art because the default wallpaper in gnome or KDE isn't as
    > ascetically pleasing as the default wallpaper in XP there will be a new
    > post that I consider the most meaningless issue anyone has ever had with
    > an OS... but until then, I'm sticking with the "I'm displeased with your
    > choice of cities" post.


    There is no need for analogies. Nicholas was pointing out a flaw, not
    talking about wallpaper.

    > Three; a post from an obvious idiot... do with him what you will.


    Yes, he's an idiot.

    > ...and four; your post that was no more helpful than any of the others.


    My response was a comment and opinion on the people who responded. In
    your own words "that's still allowed, isn't it".

    > As a matter o' fact the only suggestion that was helpful, as you agreed,
    > was mine: "that anyone can submit a feature request to the software
    > writers." ...but I would think that option should be obvious to anyone. I
    > apologize if I was mistaken.


    Actually, my comment about a helpful suggestion was aimed at MinderBinder.


    > Insulting, oppressive, and gives a pretty good indication that you don't
    > support Linux or the community. And, if you're going to insult someone
    > have the courage to make sure they know who you're talking about. After
    > all... going back to my "maintaining the thread" comment, when there are
    > more messages posted to the thread no one is going to have any idea who
    > you, in your infinite wisdom, have now dubbed a luser.


    Actually I do support Linux and the Linux community. It's just cretins
    and lusers who put in unhelpful responses to an individual that gets me
    down. And people like you who think that if something is factually wrong
    then that is a matter of opinion to be treated with an analogy, rather
    than being fixed.

    > ...or Like double posting your response to this thread? Having trouble
    > with your news reader? See, that's a support question that someone here
    > would be happy to help you with.


    Not having trouble with my news reader. You are having problems
    understanding context. I suggest you go look it up.

    One person we haven't heard from again is Nicholas. Maybe he was scared
    off by the first few unhelpful comments by the lusers. Perhaps if he is
    still around he would care to give us his opinions on the replies to
    this thread.

  16. Re: Ignorance on a basic India fact

    On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 13:43:17 -0600, Ivan Marsh wrote:

    > When someone posts a message suggesting that the Linux community is
    > ignorant of art because the default wallpaper in gnome or KDE isn't as
    > ascetically pleasing as the default wallpaper in XP there will be a new
    > post that I consider the most meaningless issue anyone has ever had with
    > an OS... but until then, I'm sticking with the "I'm displeased with your
    > choice of cities" post.


    Perhaps someone can help me with my spell checker... That should of course
    be "aesthetically" not "ascetically", though it is funnier that way it is
    currently.

    --
    Life is short, but wide. -KV


  17. Re: Ignorance on a basic India fact

    On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 20:08:38 +0000, Frem wrote:

    > Ivan Marsh wrote:
    >
    >> Two; my response, that was obviously an opinion (that's still allowed
    >> isn't it), that was true and accurate.

    >
    > Yes, a very unhelpful comment. You are obviously entitled to your
    > opinion, but it shows you up as narrow minded and happy to put with
    > inaccuracies within Linux.


    How is the choice of a city in a time zone selector inaccurate?

    >> When someone posts a message suggesting that the Linux community is
    >> ignorant of art because the default wallpaper in gnome or KDE isn't as
    >> ascetically pleasing as the default wallpaper in XP there will be a new
    >> post that I consider the most meaningless issue anyone has ever had with
    >> an OS... but until then, I'm sticking with the "I'm displeased with your
    >> choice of cities" post.

    >
    > There is no need for analogies. Nicholas was pointing out a flaw, not
    > talking about wallpaper.


    It's not a flaw.

    >> ...and four; your post that was no more helpful than any of the others.

    >
    > My response was a comment and opinion on the people who responded. In
    > your own words "that's still allowed, isn't it".


    Now, are you really going to use my argument against me when it was you
    telling me to shut my cake hole for voicing my opinion in the first
    place?

    > > As a matter o' fact the only suggestion that was helpful, as you agreed,
    >> was mine: "that anyone can submit a feature request to the software
    >> writers." ...but I would think that option should be obvious to anyone. I
    >> apologize if I was mistaken.

    >
    > Actually, my comment about a helpful suggestion was aimed at MinderBinder.


    You are correct... I was the second person to point that out.

    >> Insulting, oppressive, and gives a pretty good indication that you don't
    >> support Linux or the community. And, if you're going to insult someone
    >> have the courage to make sure they know who you're talking about. After
    >> all... going back to my "maintaining the thread" comment, when there are
    >> more messages posted to the thread no one is going to have any idea who
    >> you, in your infinite wisdom, have now dubbed a luser.

    >
    > Actually I do support Linux and the Linux community. It's just cretins
    > and lusers who put in unhelpful responses to an individual that gets me
    > down. And people like you who think that if something is factually wrong
    > then that is a matter of opinion to be treated with an analogy, rather
    > than being fixed.


    Nothing in the context of the OP is factually wrong.

    >> ...or Like double posting your response to this thread? Having trouble
    >> with your news reader? See, that's a support question that someone here
    >> would be happy to help you with.

    >
    > Not having trouble with my news reader. You are having problems
    > understanding context. I suggest you go look it up.
    >
    > One person we haven't heard from again is Nicholas. Maybe he was scared
    > off by the first few unhelpful comments by the lusers. Perhaps if he is
    > still around he would care to give us his opinions on the replies to
    > this thread.


    Maybe he learned a few things:

    Like: You don't get help in a group if you call the
    community ignorant because they don't do things the exact same way other OS here> does things.

    And: If the reason you think someone did something in a specific way isn't
    why they did it, it's not inaccurate.

    And: One self-righteous zealot can hijack an entire thread by jumping on
    his high-horse rather than just ignoring the flotsam and giving the
    helpful answer he thinks everyone else should have given... but for some
    reason never bother to.

    --
    Life is short, but wide. -KV


  18. Re: Ignorance on a basic India fact

    Ivan Marsh wrote:

    > How is the choice of a city in a time zone selector inaccurate?


    Read the post again and find out. It is a bit like saying Norwich
    instead of GMT, when GMT stands for Greenwich Mean Time, and GMT is the
    base time in the UK.

    > It's not a flaw.


    It would appear that it is.

    > Maybe he learned a few things:
    >
    > Like: You don't get help in a group if you call the
    > community ignorant because they don't do things the exact same way > other OS here> does things.


    Um, the user pointed out a flaw, and the reason for the flaw is
    ignorance. The response he received was largely by a bunch of lusers who
    don't understand the problem.

    > And: If the reason you think someone did something in a specific way isn't
    > why they did it, it's not inaccurate.


    Yes, that's right. It's erroneous.

    > And: One self-righteous zealot can hijack an entire thread by jumping on
    > his high-horse rather than just ignoring the flotsam and giving the
    > helpful answer he thinks everyone else should have given... but for some
    > reason never bother to.


    Would that be you by any chance? A suitable response to the poster,
    IMHO, would have been "submit a patch to the vendor, or if you don't
    know how at least point it out". End of story. Instead he was insulted
    very badly by a bunch of lusers who do Linux a disservice. I am happy to
    name and shame the cretins who do this. They are lusers and are better
    off not replying at all.

    If you think the responses, including yours, show the Linux community up
    in a good light, please explain how.

  19. Re: Ignorance on a basic India fact

    On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 14:47:28 -0600, Ivan Marsh wrote:

    > And: One self-righteous zealot can hijack an entire thread by jumping on
    > his high-horse rather than just ignoring the flotsam and giving the
    > helpful answer he thinks everyone else should have given... but for some
    > reason never bother to.


    Just for giggles:

    Apparently you can add any city you feel is appropriate to your timezone
    selector by editing /usr/share/zoneinfo/zone.tab

    Though I don't know why you would want to bother updating the cities for
    something you're going to use once during install.

    --
    Life is short, but wide. -KV


  20. Re: Ignorance on a basic India fact

    On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 21:15:28 +0000, Frem wrote:

    > Ivan Marsh wrote:
    >
    >> How is the choice of a city in a time zone selector inaccurate?

    >
    > Read the post again and find out. It is a bit like saying Norwich
    > instead of GMT, when GMT stands for Greenwich Mean Time, and GMT is the
    > base time in the UK.
    >
    >> It's not a flaw.

    >
    > It would appear that it is.


    You are simply wrong.

    >> Maybe he learned a few things:
    >>
    >> Like: You don't get help in a group if you call the
    >> community ignorant because they don't do things the exact same way >> other OS here> does things.

    >
    > Um, the user pointed out a flaw, and the reason for the flaw is
    > ignorance. The response he received was largely by a bunch of lusers who
    > don't understand the problem.


    It's not a flaw.

    >> And: If the reason you think someone did something in a specific way isn't
    >> why they did it, it's not inaccurate.

    >
    > Yes, that's right. It's erroneous.


    Well, appears you are wrong again:

    # Columns are separated by a single tab.
    # The table is sorted first by country, then an order within the country that
    # (1) makes some geographical sense, and
    # (2) puts the most populous zones first, where that does not contradict (1).

    It's not inaccurate or erroneous.

    >> And: One self-righteous zealot can hijack an entire thread by jumping on
    >> his high-horse rather than just ignoring the flotsam and giving the
    >> helpful answer he thinks everyone else should have given... but for some
    >> reason never bother to.

    >
    > Would that be you by any chance? A suitable response to the poster,
    > IMHO, would have been "submit a patch to the vendor, or if you don't
    > know how at least point it out". End of story. Instead he was insulted
    > very badly by a bunch of lusers who do Linux a disservice. I am happy to
    > name and shame the cretins who do this. They are lusers and are better
    > off not replying at all.


    You mean crap like this:

    "Frem Mar 3, 5:07 am show options
    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux
    From: Frem - Find messages by this author
    Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 13:07:14 +0000
    Local: Thurs, Mar 3 2005 5:07 am
    Subject: Linux security

    According to this article here:

    http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/dev...9189593,00.htm

    "[Alan] Cox said that Torvalds does not always let people know when he
    has fixed a security bug in the kernel."

    A bit like Microsoft! But seriously, this can't be a good situation.

    Frem"

    Yea, you sure do work hard to support the linux community.

    I am now convinced that you are nothing but a wintroll and, most likely,
    also the OP of this thread.

    > If you think the responses, including yours, show the Linux community up
    > in a good light, please explain how.


    Sorry, you lose, thanks for playing.

    --
    Life is short, but wide. -KV


+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast