How to capture ttyS0 to file and still display ttyS0 at the same time ??? - Linux

This is a discussion on How to capture ttyS0 to file and still display ttyS0 at the same time ??? - Linux ; Hello all I am trying to redirect ttyS0 to both a file and still view the ttyS0 output in a window like an XTERM ? Is it possible to do this just from the command line ? I tried many ...

  1. How to capture ttyS0 to file and still display ttyS0 at the same time ???

    Hello all

    I am trying to redirect ttyS0 to both a file and still view the ttyS0
    output in a window like an XTERM ? Is it possible to do this just from
    the command line ?

    I tried many

    cat > ttyS0 > capturettyS0 and
    cat /dev/ttyS0 | tee capturettyS0 command to no avail.

    Does any one know how to do it.
    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: How to capture ttyS0 to file and still display ttyS0 at the same time ???

    look at the script command

    "bell" scribbled on the stall wall:
    > Hello all
    >

    > I am trying to redirect ttyS0 to both a file and still view the ttyS0
    > output in a window like an XTERM ? Is it possible to do this just from
    > the command line ?
    >
    > I tried many
    >
    > cat > ttyS0 > capturettyS0 and
    > cat /dev/ttyS0 | tee capturettyS0 command to no avail.
    >
    > Does any one know how to do it.
    > Thanks in advance.

  3. Re: How to capture ttyS0 to file and still display ttyS0 at the same time ???

    maybe:
    cat /dev/ttyS0 > /dev/ttyS0 > capturettyS0
    or:
    cat /dev/ttyS0 > /dev/ttyS0 | tee capturettyS0

  4. Re: How to capture ttyS0 to file and still display ttyS0 at the same time ???

    Thanks hyperfusion.

    I tried both and they did'nt work.

  5. Re: How to capture ttyS0 to file and still display ttyS0 at the same time ???

    maybe you can run
    cat /dev/ttyS0 > capturettyS0
    and
    cat /dev/ttyS0 > /dev/ttyS0