Mandrake 10.1 on a Toshiba P20-QR7 laptop - Linux

This is a discussion on Mandrake 10.1 on a Toshiba P20-QR7 laptop - Linux ; Hi, I recently installed Mandake on my laptop, I'm happy with the way its working. I've probably spent a total of 30 hrs on any disto of linux, so I have probably no idea what I'm doing The wireless is; ...

  1. Mandrake 10.1 on a Toshiba P20-QR7 laptop

    Hi,
    I recently installed Mandake on my laptop, I'm happy with the way its
    working. I've probably spent a total of 30 hrs on any disto of linux, so I
    have probably no idea what I'm doing

    The wireless is;
    Atheros ar5001X+ 802.11a/b/g

    I got ath0 sorta working (maybe?), but I need a bunch of settings (mtu,
    essid, reg_domain, channel, turbo_channel, turbo_enable, led_mode, opmode)
    and don't have a clue.

    I've been looking all over the internet for answers, all I have found is
    some shadow like references to "ar5k" and a solid "MADWiFi" with a
    download.... I have no idea if the MADWiFi is what I need, or how to use it
    or set it up.

    Could someone please help me get my wireless working?

    Piper
    <<== Microsoft Windows suck... But at least I know how to use them... ==>>

  2. Re: Mandrake 10.1 on a Toshiba P20-QR7 laptop

    i'm not experienced with mandrake, but i think it has a configuration
    tool for wireless.

+ Reply to Thread