Live streaming radio with Linux... - Linux

This is a discussion on Live streaming radio with Linux... - Linux ; Hello, I am trying to figure this out, and Google has not been too helpful. Situation: I have a dedicated server out there on the net, it runs Linux (FC2 to be exact). I would like to be able to ...

  1. Live streaming radio with Linux...

    Hello,
    I am trying to figure this out, and Google has not been too helpful.
    Situation:
    I have a dedicated server out there on the net, it runs Linux (FC2 to
    be exact). I would like to be able to speak into my computer at my home
    and have others using Windows MP, WinAmp or XMMS be able to listen to
    the live stream.

    I have done this on my local Windows machine using WinAMP, but there
    is no way that would work for my current situation.

    All I need is the names of some software to look at, I should be able
    to handle it from there.

    Thanks,
    Scott

  2. Re: Live streaming radio with Linux...

    darktiger wrote:
    > I have a dedicated server out there on the net, it runs Linux (FC2

    > be exact). I would like to be able to speak into my computer at my

    home
    > and have others using Windows MP, WinAmp or XMMS be able to listen to
    > the live stream.

    Icecast? lite stream? fluid? jstream? netstreamer?
    Apache has a module to stream from an html page.

+ Reply to Thread