3D Rage Pro + Voodoo2 Setup help - Linux

This is a discussion on 3D Rage Pro + Voodoo2 Setup help - Linux ; Hi there, First let me give you my machine specs: PII 350MHz 384Mb RAM One AGP 2x ATI 3D Rage Pro One PCI Diamond Monster II - Voodoo II 3D accelerator I'm running Slackware 10.1, currently on kernel 2.4.29 (but ...

  1. 3D Rage Pro + Voodoo2 Setup help

    Hi there,

    First let me give you my machine specs:
    PII 350MHz
    384Mb RAM
    One AGP 2x ATI 3D Rage Pro
    One PCI Diamond Monster II - Voodoo II 3D accelerator

    I'm running Slackware 10.1, currently on kernel 2.4.29 (but have the
    latest 2.6 available if necessary). Current X server is XOrg 6.8.1

    What I'd like to do is to get 3D acceleration running to the best of this
    pc's ability (admittedly not great lol :P). The way I see it is this,
    theres 3D acceleration on the ati card, which in theory should be
    accessible through the kernels DRI and XOrg, and theres the voodoo 2
    stuff, which is used through a version of mesa built with glide? Is that
    right?

    Now, I haven't been able to get the DRI working with the Rage Pro, the
    kernel doesn't have mach64 drivers, and XOrg doesn't appear to either,
    although I'm sure somewhere I've read the latest version of XOrg does in
    fact support the mach64 :S

    I'm currently compiling the latest version of Mesa (linux-x86-glide
    version), so I'll wait and see how that turns out.

    Can anyone give me any advice on how best to set this up? I'm pretty much
    just experimenting, and apart from seeing what this Mesa compile turns up,
    I'm pretty much at a loss. Is it in fact possible to get the hardware
    acceleration of both cards working at the same time?

    TIA,
    Steve

  2. video in Linux???

    Люди п╕дскаж╕ть будь ласка як налаштувати мон╕тор ╕ в╕дяху
    В SlackWare 10. По-мо╓му потр╕бно ще дрова поставити п╕д м╕й
    GeForce 3 Ti 200 ??????

  3. Re: video in Linux???

    Maxik enlightened us with:
    > Люди п╕дскаж╕ть будь ласка як налаштувати мон╕тор ╕ в╕дяху
    > В SlackWare 10. По-мо╓му потр╕бно ще дрова поставити п╕д м╕й
    > GeForce 3 Ti 200 ??????

    Try posting in English.

    Sybren