Dear all,

We are Chen, Kian Siong and Goh, Yong Kwang from the National
University of Singapore (NUS), School of Computing performing academic
research for our honours year thesis. Our current research covers open
source projects, its communities, developers and users.

In our study, we hope to be able to solicit the objective opinions of
Linux users and developers to provide support for proposed theories in
our study through a survey.

Completing the questionnaire is estimated to take up 20 minutes of your
time.

We wished to reassure you that all data and information collected from
you for our survey will be kept strictly confidential with all
available measures taken to protect and safeguard them.

We believe that the shared value of altruism in the open source
community will encourage you to take part in our study. Furthermore, to
show our appreciation for your participation in our research, we will
donate SGD$10 per respondent (US$1 = SGD$1.6271) for each completed
questionnaire to the Linux.org.

If you are interested and willing to help us, the electronic version of
the questionnaire survey is downloadable at any of the URLs mentioned
below.

NUS Linux Questionnaire in .txt is downloadable at the below location
http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~chenkian...ugs_survey.txt

NUS Linux Questionnaire in .SXW is downloadable at the below location
http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~gohyongk/lugs_survey.sxw

NUS Linux Questionnaire in .doc is downloadable at the below location
http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~gohyongk/lugs_survey.doc

We would appreciate if you can download the file first (in any format
that
you prefer), indicate your choice for each question and saving it &
sending it back to us via email at chencks@gmail.com with the heading
"Survey on Linux - Kernel.org"

In addition, the results of our study will be available to participants
from June 2005 onwards. Interested parties who wish to receive a copy
of our research result can contact us at chenkian@comp.nus.edu.sg or
gohyongk@comp.nus.edu.sg.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Chen Kian Siong & Goh Yong Kwang
Undergraduates
National University of Singapore (NUS), School of Computing