Return to Castle Wolfenstein - Compiling from Linux Source Code - Linux

This is a discussion on Return to Castle Wolfenstein - Compiling from Linux Source Code - Linux ; I am trying to compile Return to Castle Wolfenstein from the source code: cd ~/wolf-sdk/MP/src/unix/ ../cons --release During compile lots of messages scroll of the screen before I have had time to read them. Is there a log file for ...

  1. Return to Castle Wolfenstein - Compiling from Linux Source Code

    I am trying to compile Return to Castle Wolfenstein from the source code:

    cd ~/wolf-sdk/MP/src/unix/
    ../cons --release

    During compile lots of messages scroll of the screen before I have had time to
    read them. Is there a log file for these or is there a way of redirecting this
    output to a log file ?

    I did catch the following messages:

    cc1: warning: -malign-loops is obsolete, use -falign-loops
    cc1: warning: -malign-jumps is obsolete, use -falign-jumps
    cc1: warning: -malign-functions is obsolete, use -falign-functions

    Do I need to patch the .cons script, or should I just ignore these ?

    cd ~/wolf-sdk/MP/src/unix/release-x86-Linux-/

    The compile has created amongst othe things the following files:

    ../cgame/src/unix/cgame.mp.i386.so
    ../game/unix/qagame.mp.i386.so
    ../out/main/cgame.mp.i386.so
    ../out/main/qagame.mp.i386.so
    ../out/main/ui.mp.i386.so
    ../ui/src/unix/ui.mp.i386.so

    Is one of these the main game executable or am I something missing ?

    I have a Windows retail disk, but I am not sure which files I need from
    this and where I have to copy them to.

    What do I have to do next ?

    Regards,

    Mark.

    --
    Mark Hobley
    393 Quinton Road West

    Telephone: (0121) 422 6580

    http://markhobley.yi.org/

  2. Re: Return to Castle Wolfenstein - Compiling from Linux Source Code

    You could always use nohup. This will create an output file called
    nohup.out.

    # nohup ./cons --release &

    & runs the compile in the background
    then run a tail on the nohup.out file

    # tail -f nohup.out

    ===========================
    = www.oyamaphotogrphy.com =
    ===========================

    --

  3. Re: Return to Castle Wolfenstein - Compiling from Linux Source Code

    Did you look at the functions? The may have been depreciated..

    --
    Todd Honea
    "Mark Hobley" wrote in message
    > I am trying to compile Return to Castle Wolfenstein from the source code:
    >
    > cd ~/wolf-sdk/MP/src/unix/
    > ./cons --release
    >
    > During compile lots of messages scroll of the screen before I have had

    time to
    > read them. Is there a log file for these or is there a way of redirecting

    this
    > output to a log file ?
    >
    > I did catch the following messages:
    >
    > cc1: warning: -malign-loops is obsolete, use -falign-loops
    > cc1: warning: -malign-jumps is obsolete, use -falign-jumps
    > cc1: warning: -malign-functions is obsolete, use -falign-functions
    >
    > Do I need to patch the .cons script, or should I just ignore these ?
    >
    > cd ~/wolf-sdk/MP/src/unix/release-x86-Linux-/
    >
    > The compile has created amongst othe things the following files:
    >
    > ./cgame/src/unix/cgame.mp.i386.so
    > ./game/unix/qagame.mp.i386.so
    > ./out/main/cgame.mp.i386.so
    > ./out/main/qagame.mp.i386.so
    > ./out/main/ui.mp.i386.so
    > ./ui/src/unix/ui.mp.i386.so
    >
    > Is one of these the main game executable or am I something missing ?
    >
    > I have a Windows retail disk, but I am not sure which files I need from
    > this and where I have to copy them to.
    >
    > What do I have to do next ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Mark.
    >
    > --
    > Mark Hobley
    > 393 Quinton Road West
    > Quinton
    > Birmingham
    > B32 1QE
    >
    > Telephone: (0121) 422 6580
    >
    > Email: markhobley at hotpop dot donottypethisbit com
    >
    > http://markhobley.yi.org/

  4. Re: Return to Castle Wolfenstein - Compiling from Linux Source Code

    In alt.games.wolfenstein Nobody U. Know wrote:

    > Did you look at the functions? The may have been depreciated..

    What would I need to do in this instance ?

    I am using the latest source code.

    Please advise.

    Regards,

    Mark.

    --
    Mark Hobley
    393 Quinton Road West

    Telephone: (0121) 422 6580

    http://markhobley.yi.org/

  5. Re: Return to Castle Wolfenstein - Compiling from Linux Source Code

    Mark Hobley wrote:

    > I am trying to compile Return to Castle Wolfenstein from the source code:
    >
    > cd ~/wolf-sdk/MP/src/unix/
    > ./cons --release
    >
    > During compile lots of messages scroll of the screen before I have had time to
    > read them. Is there a log file for these or is there a way of redirecting this
    > output to a log file ?

    ../cons --release > logfile.txt

    The > writes what you see to a file called logfile.txt

  6. Re: Return to Castle Wolfenstein - Compiling from Linux Source Code

    You'd have to edit the source code to fix it. I took a quick look and it
    appears it is depreciated (it should work, with warnings-which you got).

    --
    > In alt.games.wolfenstein Nobody U. Know wrote:
    >
    > > Did you look at the functions? The may have been depreciated..

    > What would I need to do in this instance ?
    >
    > I am using the latest source code.
    >
    > Please advise.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Mark.
    >
    > --
    > Mark Hobley
    > 393 Quinton Road West
    > Quinton
    > Birmingham
    > B32 1QE
    >
    > Telephone: (0121) 422 6580
    >
    > Email: markhobley at hotpop dot donottypethisbit com
    >
    > http://markhobley.yi.org/

  7. Re: Return to Castle Wolfenstein - Compiling from Linux Source Code

    On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 23:08:09 +0000, Mark Hobley wrote:

    > I am trying to compile Return to Castle Wolfenstein from the source code:
    >
    > cd ~/wolf-sdk/MP/src/unix/
    > ./cons --release
    >
    > During compile lots of messages scroll of the screen before I have had time to
    > read them. Is there a log file for these or is there a way of redirecting this
    > output to a log file ?

    [snip...]

    Try using the script program. This program captures all stdin, stdout and
    stderr and redirects them to a file. You session would look like this:

    $ script build_log
    $ cd ~/wolf-sdk/MP/src/unix/
    $ ./cons --release

    $ exit

    The file `build_log' now contains a copy of everything you entered on
    stdin as well as everything that output to either stdout or stderr.

    George

  8. Re: Return to Castle Wolfenstein - Compiling from Linux Source Code

    Nobody U. Know wrote:
    > Did you look at the functions? The may have been depreciated.

    (and later)
    > I took a quick look and it appears it is depreciated

    I'm not usually pedantic, but sometimes I can't hold it back...
    http://catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/D/deprecated.html

    --
    Gordon S. Hlavenka http://www.crashelectronics.com
    Tragically, as many as 9625 out of every 10,000

+ Reply to Thread