Video capture on Linux? - Linux

This is a discussion on Video capture on Linux? - Linux ; For an underwater robot application, the plan is to capture video at 88x64 pixels on Linux. This feeds into a high speed algorithm so there cannot be delay in scaling the image down to size. Either it should be this ...

  1. Video capture on Linux?

    For an underwater robot application, the plan is to capture video at 88x64
    pixels on Linux. This feeds into a high speed algorithm so there cannot be
    delay in scaling the image down to size. Either it should be this size
    natively, or fast scaling performed on the card hardware. What would be the
    best video capture card and driver to use on Linux for this purpose?

  2. Re: Video capture on Linux?

    Nvidia drivers for linux are excellent

    -
    Di

    -=DiN=
    DiN's Profile: http:/linuxcult.com/forum/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1502
    View this thread: http://linuxcult.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=857

  3. Re: Video capture on Linux?

    DD wrote:
    > For an underwater robot application, the plan is to capture video at 88x64
    > pixels on Linux. This feeds into a high speed algorithm so there cannot be
    > delay in scaling the image down to size. Either it should be this size
    > natively, or fast scaling performed on the card hardware. What would be the
    > best video capture card and driver to use on Linux for this purpose?

    Don't know about the resolution, but I used an old ATI TVWonder (PCI) to
    capture through Composite- (RCA plug) and COAX, haven't used the S-Video
    input though. Driver is automagically detected and selected during the
    installation process of many 2.6 based distros.

+ Reply to Thread