live DVDs? - Linux

This is a discussion on live DVDs? - Linux ; hope you don't mind my cross-posting... I was wondering, since there are live CD distros such as knoppix, and DVD burners are starting to gain popularity more and more so by the day, are there any live DVD distros? if ...

  1. live DVDs?

    hope you don't mind my cross-posting...

    I was wondering, since there are live CD distros such as knoppix, and
    DVD burners are starting to gain popularity more and more so by the day,
    are there any live DVD distros? if you know of some, could you recommend
    one?

    TIA
    --Xero

    --
    if all else fails: go fsck yourself!

    the email address is not real (leading numbers are an obvious
    indication) to get the real address, take each individual part
    and flip it around so eman@elpmaxe.ten would be name@example.net

  2. Re: live DVDs?

    "Pandora Xero" <26484imawseht@tsacmoc.ten> skrev i meddelandet
    > hope you don't mind my cross-posting...
    >
    > I was wondering, since there are live CD distros such as knoppix, and DVD
    > burners are starting to gain popularity more and more so by the day, are
    > there any live DVD distros? if you know of some, could you recommend one?

    Knoppix have a live boot DVD but not for download.

  3. Re: live DVDs?

    On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 02:57:49 -0500, Pandora Xero wrote:

    > hope you don't mind my cross-posting...
    >
    > I was wondering, since there are live CD distros such as knoppix, and
    > DVD burners are starting to gain popularity more and more so by the day,
    > are there any live DVD distros? if you know of some, could you recommend
    > one?
    >
    > TIA
    > --Xero

    Not absolutely positive, but I think SuSE has a live DVD which includes
    copies of both of their live CDs - one with kde and one with gnome.

  4. Re: live DVDs?

    http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/quantian.html

    --
    I yustabe+me, but I was never Y-O-U