Help finding old source code - Linux

This is a discussion on Help finding old source code - Linux ; Greetings everyone: I am on a search for an OLD piece of source code: ash 0.2a I was told that the last known place to get it was GNUware's SourceIT!, and that it is no longer available... Can anyone help ...

  1. Help finding old source code

    Greetings everyone:

    I am on a search for an OLD piece of source code: ash 0.2a
    I was told that the last known place to get it was GNUware's
    SourceIT!, and that it is no longer available...

    Can anyone help me find this file (ash-0.2a.tar.gz)?

    THANKS!!!

  2. Re: Help finding old source code

    Joe Gamer wrote:
    > Greetings everyone:
    >
    > I am on a search for an OLD piece of source code: ash 0.2a
    > I was told that the last known place to get it was GNUware's
    > SourceIT!, and that it is no longer available...
    >
    > Can anyone help me find this file (ash-0.2a.tar.gz)?
    >
    > THANKS!!!

    Maybe this:
    http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/sys...nux-0.2.tar.gz

    or this:
    ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/unix/shells/ash/ash.tar.Z
    This appears to date back to 5/31/1989

    --
    Alexander N. Spitzer
    Bonsai Bonanza

  3. Re: Help finding old source code

    On Oct 8, 11:17 pm, Joe Gamer wrote:
    > Greetings everyone:
    >
    > I am on a search for an OLD piece of source code: ash 0.2a
    > I was told that the last known place to get it was GNUware's
    > SourceIT!, and that it is no longer available...
    >
    > Can anyone help me find this file (ash-0.2a.tar.gz)?

    You can also get a tiny copy from busybox.

  4. Re: Help finding old source code

    On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 16:13:27 GMT, Bonsai Bonanza
    wrote:

    >Joe Gamer wrote:
    >> Greetings everyone:
    >>
    >> I am on a search for an OLD piece of source code: ash 0.2a
    >> I was told that the last known place to get it was GNUware's
    >> SourceIT!, and that it is no longer available...
    >>
    >> Can anyone help me find this file (ash-0.2a.tar.gz)?
    >>
    >> THANKS!!!
    >>

    >Maybe this:
    >http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/sys...nux-0.2.tar.gz
    >
    >or this:
    >ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/unix/shells/ash/ash.tar.Z
    >This appears to date back to 5/31/1989

    Thank you for the links. The version I need is 0.2a - which is the
    version that's in use in FREESCO (www.freesco.org). The source to the
    ash shell was lost, and I'm trying to find another place to get it.

+ Reply to Thread