Fluxbox Window Manager Reaches v1.0

,----[ Quote ]
| Fluxbox, the window manager based upon Blackbox, has reached version 1.0.0.
| Fluxbox 1.0 introduces a new default style, new alternate styles, fixed shape
| handling, added a fluxbox-remote utility, and updated languages.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjEwOQ

New and important release of Enlightenment

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ease_id=544619

Related:

Initial Implementation of Desktop Icons in E17

,----[ Quote ]
| E17 is maturing, and the TODO that needs to be completed for its
| release is shrinking.
`----

http://www.osnews.com/story.php/1792...p-Icons-in-E17

E17 -- Desktop Enlightenment

,----[ Quote ]
| You need to install E17 in order to fully appreciate the magnificent
| work of the programmers. The direction of changes is very good -- e17
| delivers a nice-looking desktop with many special effects, being easy
| and lightweight at the same time. When compared to its predecessor
| -- e16 -- it shows that the desktop personalization and new effects
| do not have to trigger additional hardware purchases. I only wish Ic
| ould say the same about GNOME and KDE. Also, I have to say that I
| wish the Microsoft products were as stable and functional as e17
| in alpha phase.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/apps/window-m...enlightenment/

Elive 0.6.2 development released

,----[ Quote ]
| Between the work still's on new things, Elive has released a new ISO, this
| iso contains basically updates of packages:
|
| * * * Packages updated: All the packages to has updates, set to day
| * * * Firefox 2: Now called iceweasel is fully implemented,
| * * * remember that thunderbird is now called icedove too
| * * * Flash 9: The first version stable of Flash 9 is released,
| * * * enjoy it directly on your Elive
`----

http://www.elivecd.org/gb/Main/News/_articles/51.html

Elive 0.5.2 Screenshot Walkthrough

,----[ Quote ]
| The beta version of the future Flash 9 is included; update from X.Org
| 7.0 to 7.1; Intel wireless firmware updates for the ipw2x00 models
| of wireless cards; Torus trooper, an amazing game made by Kenta Cho,
| with a retro-futuristic style; Transmission, a small basic
| BitTorrent client...
`----

http://www.thecodingstudio.com/opens...nux/?q=node/24

YDL uses Enlightnement and runs on the Playstation 3

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/products/ydl/

A weekend with fluxbox.

,----[ Quote ]
| My biggest problem with using fluxbox is not fluxbox itself. I wanted it to
| be able to save some resources for my aging computer but I still needed to
| use KDE programs. So I checked my resource usage with pure KDE and then with
| fluxbox and KDE programs. There was no difference in resource usage. * *
`----

http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/linux/loc...-fluxbox-18594

Fluxbox on Gutsy, just to be different

,----[ Quote ]
| Just for giggles, I installed Fluxbox on Gutsy today ... which isn't
| really very daring, since the repositories have only been open for
| a day or two, and there?s very little in there that has changed.
`----

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2007/04...-be-different/

Fluxbuntu - Light weight Ubuntu-based Linux distribution featuring Fluxbox
window manager

,----[ Quote ]
| Fluxbuntu is a light-weight, standards-compliant, Ubuntu-based Linux
| distribution featuring the Fluxbox window manager.The project's primary
| goal is to develop an operating system that would run on a wide range
| of mobile devices and computers, both low-end and high-end.Recently
| since they started development on the PowerPC Architecture they also
| started development on support for the sony Playstation 3.
| Fluxbuntu now Officially supports most of the major architectures
| plaforms: i386, PowerPC, AMD 64bit & Intel 64bit and Itanium 64bit.
`----

http://www.debianadmin.com/fluxbuntu...w-manager.html

Screenshots:

http://www.thecodingstudio.com/opens...nBuild1%20Rev2