Fluxbox Window Manager Reaches v1.0

,----[ Quote ]
| Fluxbox, the window manager based upon Blackbox, has reached version 1.0.0.
| Fluxbox 1.0 introduces a new default style, new alternate styles, fixed shape
| handling, added a fluxbox-remote utility, and updated languages.

New and important release of Enlightenment

Initial Implementation of Desktop Icons in E17

,----[ Quote ]
| E17 is maturing, and the TODO that needs to be completed for its
| release is shrinking.

E17 -- Desktop Enlightenment

,----[ Quote ]
| You need to install E17 in order to fully appreciate the magnificent
| work of the programmers. The direction of changes is very good -- e17
| delivers a nice-looking desktop with many special effects, being easy
| and lightweight at the same time. When compared to its predecessor
| -- e16 -- it shows that the desktop personalization and new effects
| do not have to trigger additional hardware purchases. I only wish Ic
| ould say the same about GNOME and KDE. Also, I have to say that I
| wish the Microsoft products were as stable and functional as e17
| in alpha phase.

Elive 0.6.2 development released

,----[ Quote ]
| Between the work still's on new things, Elive has released a new ISO, this
| iso contains basically updates of packages:
| * * * Packages updated: All the packages to has updates, set to day
| * * * Firefox 2: Now called iceweasel is fully implemented,
| * * * remember that thunderbird is now called icedove too
| * * * Flash 9: The first version stable of Flash 9 is released,
| * * * enjoy it directly on your Elive

Elive 0.5.2 Screenshot Walkthrough

,----[ Quote ]
| The beta version of the future Flash 9 is included; update from X.Org
| 7.0 to 7.1; Intel wireless firmware updates for the ipw2x00 models
| of wireless cards; Torus trooper, an amazing game made by Kenta Cho,
| with a retro-futuristic style; Transmission, a small basic
| BitTorrent client...

YDL uses Enlightnement and runs on the Playstation 3

A weekend with fluxbox.

,----[ Quote ]
| My biggest problem with using fluxbox is not fluxbox itself. I wanted it to
| be able to save some resources for my aging computer but I still needed to
| use KDE programs. So I checked my resource usage with pure KDE and then with
| fluxbox and KDE programs. There was no difference in resource usage. * *

Fluxbox on Gutsy, just to be different

,----[ Quote ]
| Just for giggles, I installed Fluxbox on Gutsy today ... which isn't
| really very daring, since the repositories have only been open for
| a day or two, and there?s very little in there that has changed.

Fluxbuntu - Light weight Ubuntu-based Linux distribution featuring Fluxbox
window manager

,----[ Quote ]