[Trouble in the Criminal Establishment]

Microsoft’s open source chief takes on Windows server marketing

,----[ Quote ]
| The change comes amid a long-building storm that exploded in May, when the
| company said that Linux violates 235 Microsoft patents.

Unethical, suppressive SOB. See links below. Hopefully he'll go the way of
Martin Taylor (quit the company abruptly)

Danny Thorpe quits the Windows Live development team

,----[ Quote ]
| Danny Thorpe, one of the higher-profile hires Microsoft made to its Windows
| Live team, has decided to leave for greener pastures.

What Will Change at Microsoft with Regard to F/OSS Patents

,----[ Quote ]
| Hilf’s response was... priceless. “I get a lot of e-mail.” “People like to
| subscribe me to crazy newsletters and spam.”

Microsoft director out to 'debunk mythology around open source'

,----[ Quote ]

,----[ Quote ]
| "We would like to strike similar patent deals with all the Linux
| vendors, but we had to start somewhere," said Bill Hilf.
* * * *

Sun exec accuses Microsoft of 'patent terrorism'

,----[ Quote ]
| The efforts of Microsoft to pressure the Linux community over alleged and
| unspecified patents is akin to "patent terrorism", according to a local
| executive for Sun Microsystems. *

Microsoft, the art of Corporate Terrorism.

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft, no longer the technological leader in the Computer Desktop
| market, is taking on a terrorist role in its attempt remain in power
| at all costs. (see the link to the CNN story below)
| The tactic is intended to frighten current, and would be, free
| software users away from products that Microsoft just can't compete
| with. It's not a new tactic, but for the first time desperation is
| beginning to show.

Convicted Monopolist Terrorizes Software Industry

,----[ Quote ]