[ot] Google Groups..a bit flakey? - Linux

This is a discussion on [ot] Google Groups..a bit flakey? - Linux ; Since I switched ISPs to Clearwire (a great move) I do not get a free usenet server (0ne detriment to an otherwise fine Clearwire service). So, I post via Google Groups. Ugh. Sometimes it works, sometimes the headers appear and ...

  1. [ot] Google Groups..a bit flakey?

    Since I switched ISPs to Clearwire (a great move) I do not get a free
    usenet server (0ne detriment to an otherwise fine Clearwire service).

    So, I post via Google Groups.

    Ugh.

    Sometimes it works, sometimes the headers appear and the article does!

    Sometimes the article doesn't appear!

    Is this the future of computing...randomly functioning software at the
    gargantuan level?

  2. Re: [ot] Google Groups..a bit flakey?

    After takin' a swig o' grog, John Bailo, Texeme.Construct belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > Is this the future of computing...randomly functioning software at the
    > gargantuan level?

    It is the present. A standard feature of XP Pro.

    --
    Off to the race condition!

  3. Re: Google Groups..a bit flakey?

    John Bailo, Texeme.Construct wrote:
    > Since I switched ISPs to Clearwire (a great move) I do not get a free
    > usenet server (0ne detriment to an otherwise fine Clearwire service).
    >
    > So, I post via Google Groups.
    >
    > Ugh.
    >
    > Sometimes it works, sometimes the headers appear and the article does!
    >
    > Sometimes the article doesn't appear!

    Yea I'm sure the servers get loaded. Maybe you would like to try this
    and see if it's stable?

    nntp.aioe.org 119, 80 (Plain) - 563, 443, 22 (SSL)

    news.aioe.org 119 (Plain) - 563 (SSL)

  4. Re: [ot] Google Groups..a bit flakey?

    John Bailo, Texeme.Construct wrote:

    > Since I switched ISPs to Clearwire (a great move) I do not get a free
    > usenet server (0ne detriment to an otherwise fine Clearwire service).
    >
    > So, I post via Google Groups.
    >
    > Ugh.
    >
    > Sometimes it works, sometimes the headers appear and the article does!
    >
    > Sometimes the article doesn't appear!
    >
    > Is this the future of computing...randomly functioning software at the
    > gargantuan level?

    The tree disapears too, but I noticed it was back when I was doing a search
    this morning. I find it hard to follow a thread when you just get a list of
    posts, that is the part of the forums that I use that I like the least. You
    just can't beat a nice tree list of threads and posts.

+ Reply to Thread