Re: [News] Another Microsoft Parnter (Novell) PossiblyDisintegrates - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Another Microsoft Parnter (Novell) PossiblyDisintegrates - Linux ; On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 05:16:31 +0100 Roy Schestowitz wrote: > Novell layoffs rumored to be in the works > > ,----[ Quote ] > | Word on the street is that Novell will be laying off 50-60% of its ...

  1. Re: [News] Another Microsoft Parnter (Novell) PossiblyDisintegrates

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Novell layoffs rumored to be in the works
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Word on the street is that Novell will be laying off 50-60% of its
    > Workgroup | division this month, likely toward the middle. This is
    > not surprising given | that division's lackluster results, but the
    > rumor mill suggests that | Workgroup isn't the only business unit
    > that will be affected. `----
    >
    > http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9792124-16.html

    It begins... the disintegration of an empire... They should have left
    Microsoft alone... Fools...

  2. Re: [News] Another Microsoft Parnter (Novell) Possibly Disintegrates

    ____/ Jerry McBride on Sunday 07 October 2007 20:07 : \____

    > On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 05:16:31 +0100
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Novell layoffs rumored to be in the works
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | Word on the street is that Novell will be laying off 50-60% of its
    >> Workgroup | division this month, likely toward the middle. This is
    >> not surprising given | that division's lackluster results, but the
    >> rumor mill suggests that | Workgroup isn't the only business unit
    >> that will be affected. `----
    >>
    >> http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9792124-16.html
    >>

    > It begins... the disintegration of an empire... They should have left
    > Microsoft alone... Fools...

    Jeremy Allison told me what many people knew. Novell had the best Linux desktop
    and a great server too (best at the time, back in 2006). "We were WINNING," he
    said. Then that clown Hovsepian decided it would make more sense to approach
    Microsoft. He seems to have received a lot of personal benefits after he had
    signed that deal.

    M[icrosoft|oney] corrupts.

    To be fair, Microsoft did the Mafia-like tricks to scare business that were
    close to signing Linux deals with Novell. They continue to abuse their power
    and the government looks the other way. The whole system is broken.

    http://www.antitrustinstitute.org/Archives/miceu3.ashx

    As the inconsistency from one US Administration to the next might
    suggest, Barnett is far from speaking for a unified US antitrust
    community. His public attitude toward monopoly has at least been
    consistent: the government should avoid doing anything that
    might chill aggressive 'competition' by a monopolist. Thus,
    Barnett's statement smacks of remorse that the US government did
    anything at all to stop Microsoft' exclusionary practices.

    The American Antitrust Institute and many other observers of the
    antitrust scene are far more concerned about the ability of a
    monopolist to “chill competition” by erecting entry barriers that
    protect the monopoly against unwanted intruders.

    The EC’s position, upheld now on appeal, shows the proper concern
    for practices by dominant firms that eliminate both actual and
    potential competition which could benefit consumers. The EC has
    appropriately targeted strategies that would have the effect of
    deterring investment in innovations that might lead to a reduction
    of the monopolist’s power and new benefits for consumers.
    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | $> apt-get -not windows
    20:20:01 up 27 days, 18:26, 5 users, load average: 1.20, 1.51, 1.73