qm_modules / 2.6.9 - Linux

This is a discussion on qm_modules / 2.6.9 - Linux ; Posted this yesterday in linux.kernel with no replies as of yet. I started out with the Debian Woody bf24 kernel. I have compiled a 2.6.9 kernel but I get the qm_modules function not implemented error. From what I have found ...

  1. qm_modules / 2.6.9

    Posted this yesterday in linux.kernel with no replies as of yet.

    I started out with the Debian Woody bf24 kernel. I have compiled a
    2.6.9 kernel but I get the qm_modules function not implemented error.
    From what I have found so far, the problem typically lies in the need
    for a newer module-init-tools. I have installed module-init-tools 3.0.
    (no joy with 3.1, it complains of a docbook error 127) Modprobe
    reports version 2.4.15. At first I couldn't modprobe at all without
    seeing the error. Now, after I boot with the 2.6.9 kernel, I can
    modprobe usbcore, soundcore, etc., but during boot, I catch the glimpse
    of the same old error. Ultimately, I can login into X but totally
    without mouse support.

    The fact that after booting I can modprobe seems to suggest I only got
    something half right. Is it perhaps the lack of module-init-tools 3.1?
    I am just now starting to understand linux so something might have
    slipped through the cracks. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

  2. Re: qm_modules / 2.6.9

    shawn modersohn wrote:

    > Posted this yesterday in linux.kernel with no replies as of yet.
    >
    > I started out with the Debian Woody bf24 kernel. I have compiled a
    > 2.6.9 kernel but I get the qm_modules function not implemented error.
    > From what I have found so far, the problem typically lies in the need
    > for a newer module-init-tools. I have installed module-init-tools 3.0.
    > (no joy with 3.1, it complains of a docbook error 127) Modprobe
    > reports version 2.4.15. At first I couldn't modprobe at all without
    > seeing the error. Now, after I boot with the 2.6.9 kernel, I can
    > modprobe usbcore, soundcore, etc., but during boot, I catch the glimpse
    > of the same old error. Ultimately, I can login into X but totally
    > without mouse support.
    >
    > The fact that after booting I can modprobe seems to suggest I only got
    > something half right. Is it perhaps the lack of module-init-tools 3.1?
    > I am just now starting to understand linux so something might have
    > slipped through the cracks. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

    You can't run Linux 2.6 in woody without some newer packages.Get them at
    http://www.fs.tum.de/~bunk/packages/...kernel-26.html or just upgrade to
    sarge if it's a desktop I'd just get sarge.

    --
    All software sucks all hardware sucks.

+ Reply to Thread