Cannot connect to Fedora 7 (VMWare Guest) SSH server - Linux

This is a discussion on Cannot connect to Fedora 7 (VMWare Guest) SSH server - Linux ; Hello, I have installed Fedora 7 as a VMWare guest OS. The host OS is Vista. I cannot connect to the SSH server on Fedora to exchange files between guest and host. I have disabled SELinux, firewall etc on Fedora. ...

  1. Cannot connect to Fedora 7 (VMWare Guest) SSH server

    Hello,

    I have installed Fedora 7 as a VMWare guest OS. The host OS is Vista.
    I cannot connect to the SSH server on Fedora to exchange files between
    guest and host. I have disabled SELinux, firewall etc on Fedora. Yet I
    cannot connect to the guest OS. The guest OS is using bridged
    networking. The Host OS and Guest OS can ping each other. The host OS
    (Vista) can access the web server on the guest OS (Fedora7) fine.

    The windows SSH client is getting the initial greeting message upon
    connection and that is where it stops. Fedora SSH server does not
    respond beyond that greeting.

    How can I connect to the SSH server on Fedora 7?

    Any help appreciated. Thank you in advance.

    NJ

  2. Re: Cannot connect to Fedora 7 (VMWare Guest) SSH server

    Neil Jones writes:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have installed Fedora 7 as a VMWare guest OS. The host OS is
    > Vista. I cannot connect to the SSH server on Fedora to exchange files
    > between guest and host. I have disabled SELinux, firewall etc on
    > Fedora. Yet I cannot connect to the guest OS. The guest OS is using
    > bridged networking. The Host OS and Guest OS can ping each other.
    > The host OS (Vista) can access the web server on the guest OS
    > (Fedora7) fine.
    >
    > The windows SSH client is getting the initial greeting message upon
    > connection and that is where it stops. Fedora SSH server does not
    > respond beyond that greeting.
    >
    > How can I connect to the SSH server on Fedora 7?
    >
    > Any help appreciated. Thank you in advance.

    Hi Neil,

    Try running sshd using the -d option and then check the output.
    --
    % Randy Yates % "Maybe one day I'll feel her cold embrace,
    %% Fuquay-Varina, NC % and kiss her interface,

+ Reply to Thread