Roaming Profile - Linux

This is a discussion on Roaming Profile - Linux ; Is it possible to create a roaming profile for a Linux network? Googling hasn't show much and this is a fairly big part of switching to a Linux only network....

  1. Roaming Profile

    Is it possible to create a roaming profile for a Linux network? Googling
    hasn't show much and this is a fairly big part of switching to a Linux only
    network.

  2. Re: Roaming Profile

    On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 18:40:25 -0700, Robert Bates wrote:

    > Is it possible to create a roaming profile for a Linux network? Googling
    > hasn't show much and this is a fairly big part of switching to a Linux only
    > network.

    use a common auth scheme (NIS, LDAP, kerberos, etc)
    implement automount for user home dirs.
    use samba and MS 2K3-R2 Server Identity mgmt for unix if you need to
    integrate with AD.

    Feel free to contact me if you need assistance.

+ Reply to Thread