scsi and fedora - Linux

This is a discussion on scsi and fedora - Linux ; Hi I want to install Fedora FC4 on a server but I got a punch of error messages which start with - 0 kernel panic- not syncing:Attempted to kill init! - [C01612b1] kernel-thread-helper+0x5/0x114 The server has the following specification: 1) ...

  1. scsi and fedora

    Hi I want to install Fedora FC4 on a server but I got a punch of error
    messages which start with
    - 0 kernel panic- not syncing:Attempted to kill init!
    - [C01612b1] kernel-thread-helper+0x5/0x114

    The server has the following specification:

    1) @ CPUS Intel Xeon P4
    2) Motherboard Asus NCLV-DS, Dual Xeon, S-604, FSB800,SCSI, Video, Sound,
    Lan
    3) 2 DDR PC400 1GB
    4) HD SCI Fujistue 73G
    5) Case 4U rack mounted SuperMicor SC742i, Redundant 600W
    6) Scsi controller: ADAPTEC 29 160 LP Ulta Wide 2 SCSI PC1

    This case connect to 1.2TB (3 hds+1parity+1 hotspare)
    RAID: Promise VTrak15110 SATA to SCSI, 15 Bay , external, RAID subsystems

    This server has already RedHat 9 installed on it. I am thinking maybe the
    SCSI is the problem?? is there any known issue about Fedora and SCSI??

    Thanks.

  2. Re: scsi and fedora

    The bootloader is looking for a device and can't find it. Either your
    kernel doesn't have the necessary support, or there is an error in
    /etc/fstab or your bootloader configuration.

+ Reply to Thread