I want to configure and compile Apache - Linux

This is a discussion on I want to configure and compile Apache - Linux ; Dar all, I'm a newbie to Linux, I need to compile Apache from source with some options. Can I create a text file for the options first and then configure with this text file? How to do? Thanks...

  1. I want to configure and compile Apache

    Dar all,
    I'm a newbie to Linux, I need to compile Apache from source with some
    options. Can I create a text file for the options first and then configure
    with this text file? How to do?
    Thanks

  2. Re: I want to configure and compile Apache

    "ErDNA" tried to express:
    > Dar all,
    > I'm a newbie to Linux, I need to compile Apache from source with some
    > options. Can I create a text file for the options first and then configure
    > with this text file? How to do?
    > Thanks

    How many different exmaples do you want of ways to do this?

    cat > makeit
    ../configure --options
    ^D

    .. ./makeit

  3. Re: I want to configure and compile Apache

    "ErDNA" wrote in message news:...
    > Dar all,
    > I'm a newbie to Linux, I need to compile Apache from source with some
    > options. Can I create a text file for the options first and then configure
    > with this text file? How to do?
    > Thanks

    ErDNA,

    there are many things that need to be considered while compiling
    apache from source.

    Whether you want your apache in DSO (dynamically shared objects) mode
    or static mode. what modules/functionality you want to add extra. even
    with the default apache server you have many modules that get shipped
    do you want all of them or just a couble of them. your compiling of
    apache depends on these questions.

    to start with look at the output of ./configure --help
    ../configure

+ Reply to Thread