single user boot disabled - Linux

This is a discussion on single user boot disabled - Linux ; Hello, I am using grub on FC2. How to disable passing kernel parameters like "single" to disable single user boot ? Tejas Kokje...

  1. single user boot disabled

    Hello,

    I am using grub on FC2. How to disable passing kernel parameters like
    "single" to disable single user boot ?

    Tejas Kokje

  2. Re: single user boot disabled

    Just use the lock command and password protect your grub. It's all in
    the online manual. I haven't tried it yet myself::
    http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html#lock
    http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/man....html#password

    Of course, you will also need to modify your bios to boot off the main
    harddisk only, then password protect the bios so no one can make changes.

    Additionally, you will need to lock the case in such a way that the
    harddrive cannot be removed.

    If you do not do all of the following, then the grub install can easily
    changed anyways, and all your data is open to inspection and tampering.

    Cliff

    --
    _____cliff_rayman_____cliff_@_rayman_._com_____

+ Reply to Thread