HTTP request generator - Linux

This is a discussion on HTTP request generator - Linux ; Dear All, I'd like to perform stress test to the web app I developed. I'd like to know whether there's any well-known tools used to create lots of HTTP request to the server and analysis the performance? I guess there ...

  1. HTTP request generator

    Dear All,

    I'd like to perform stress test to the web app I developed.

    I'd like to know whether there's any well-known tools used to create
    lots of HTTP request to the server and analysis the performance?

    I guess there should be sth like this written in Perl or PHP or C/C++

    Can you kindly provide me some suggestions?

    Thanks for your help.

    Yours,
    Bill

  2. Re: HTTP request generator

    Bill So said the following, on 07/28/04 15:05:
    > Dear All,
    >
    > I'd like to perform stress test to the web app I developed.
    >
    > I'd like to know whether there's any well-known tools used to create
    > lots of HTTP request to the server and analysis the performance?
    >
    > I guess there should be sth like this written in Perl or PHP or C/C++
    >
    > Can you kindly provide me some suggestions?

    There is an Apache benchmark tool, ab(8). It may address at least some
    of what you want.

    man 8 ab

    --
    Rich Gibbs