can't view files with ls -la but can see them with ftp - Linux

This is a discussion on can't view files with ls -la but can see them with ftp - Linux ; Don't think its rootkit as it only happens on buried away subdirs, like a data directory for a message board software I use. when you do ls, you get -bash-2.05b$ ls -la total 8520 -bash-2.05b$ so it knows the files ...

  1. can't view files with ls -la but can see them with ftp

    Don't think its rootkit as it only happens on buried away subdirs,
    like a data directory for a message board software I use.

    when you do ls, you get

    -bash-2.05b$ ls -la
    total 8520
    -bash-2.05b$

    so it knows the files are there, just can't see them!!
    help

    paul AT lookupuk.com

  2. Re: can't view files with ls -la but can see them with ftp

+ Reply to Thread