how to combine hourly sa files into 2 hourly or 4 hourly files - Linux

This is a discussion on how to combine hourly sa files into 2 hourly or 4 hourly files - Linux ; I use sadc to generate hourly sa files, but when I try to use cat to combine a couple of them into one file and use isag to graph. the isag is having problem of openning the combine file, even ...

  1. how to combine hourly sa files into 2 hourly or 4 hourly files

    I use sadc to generate hourly sa files, but when I try to use cat to
    combine a couple of them into one file and use isag to graph. the isag
    is having problem of openning the combine file, even though it can
    open each just find. Does somebody know of any utilities.

    Thanks,

  2. Smile Re: how to combine hourly sa files into 2 hourly or 4 hourly files

    Quote Originally Posted by unix View Post
    I use sadc to generate hourly sa files, but when I try to use cat to
    combine a couple of them into one file and use isag to graph. the isag
    is having problem of openning the combine file, even though it can
    open each just find. Does somebody know of any utilities.

    Thanks,

    Did you find out the answer yet? I have the same issue. I would to combine one week of sa files to one file, so I can read it from only one file.

    Thanks

    Francis

+ Reply to Thread