Gui calendar for crontab - Linux

This is a discussion on Gui calendar for crontab - Linux ; I would love to be able to pull up a gui calendar in x windows that shows all the crontab items that will run that day. It would save me a bit of time in administration so I don't need ...

  1. Gui calendar for crontab

    I would love to be able to pull up a gui calendar in x windows that
    shows all the crontab items that will run that day. It would save me a
    bit of time in administration so I don't need to look at everyone's
    crontab file. The product would ultimately also show how long a
    process typically runs. I can then determine when is a good time to
    shutdown or restart a db server. I don't need to add items to crontab
    files with the calendar, just be able to view them.

  2. Re: Gui calendar for crontab

    C. Geier wrote:
    > I would love to be able to pull up a gui calendar in x windows that
    > shows all the crontab items that will run that day. It would save me a
    > bit of time in administration so I don't need to look at everyone's
    > crontab file. The product would ultimately also show how long a
    > process typically runs. I can then determine when is a good time to
    > shutdown or restart a db server. I don't need to add items to crontab
    > files with the calendar, just be able to view them.

    not exactly what you're looking for, but have you tried 'kcron' run as root?

    --
    Woolsey-Swanson Rule:
    People would rather live with a problem they cannot solve

    remove '.eh' to email

  3. Re: Gui calendar for crontab

    On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 13:06:58 -0700, C. Geier wrote:

    > I would love to be able to pull up a gui calendar in x windows that
    > shows all the crontab items that will run that day. It would save me a
    > bit of time in administration so I don't need to look at everyone's
    > crontab file. The product would ultimately also show how long a
    > process typically runs. I can then determine when is a good time to
    > shutdown or restart a db server. I don't need to add items to crontab
    > files with the calendar, just be able to view them.

    I'm new to linux but aren't you supposed to type 12 keystrokes on the
    commandline to so this kind of thing?

    grep (something) crontabs | sort (somehow) | > resultfile

    Once you had it working you put it in a script and "bobs yer uncle". One
    less flakey GUI program to worry about updating.

    I'm starting to think in "bash mode". I think I will go lie down.

    John

+ Reply to Thread