Re: Stop servers from starting - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Stop servers from starting - Linux ; gopalbulusu@hotmail.com wrote: > Hai there, > > I am using Fedora Core. i am still trying to learn it ( Linux). I had > to reinstall it again recently. I chose custome installation and > insatll all servers. Now all ...

  1. Re: Stop servers from starting

    gopalbulusu@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Hai there,
    >
    > I am using Fedora Core. i am still trying to learn it ( Linux). I had
    > to reinstall it again recently. I chose custome installation and
    > insatll all servers. Now all the servers (FTP, Sendmail etc) are
    > starting and eating into my computer resources.
    >
    > Though my computer is not bad in capacity, i would like to know if
    > there is a way to stop these servers and at a later date, when i start
    > learning about them , i would like to start and stop.
    >
    > I remember reading some where that you can use Linuxconf.
    >
    > Am i correct. Any assistance is appreciated.
    >
    > regards
    > Gopal

  2. Re: Stop servers from starting

    As root, at the command line type: setup
    Hit return, and choose system services. Deselect anything you don't
    want to run.