Windows partition on CentOS - Linux

This is a discussion on Windows partition on CentOS - Linux ; Hello, Recently i have made my laptop a dual book (hda1 - Win XP, and the other partitions - Linux - CentOS). I have done this before with Redhat. But after bootin into linux, i dont see the windows partition ...

  1. Windows partition on CentOS

    Hello,
    Recently i have made my laptop a dual book (hda1 - Win XP, and
    the other partitions - Linux - CentOS). I have done this before with
    Redhat. But after bootin into linux, i dont see the windows partition
    when i do 'df'. When i try to mount the windows partition (even though
    i dont find it), i get a mesg sayin that my kernel doe'snt recognise
    the ntfs or hpfs type filesystems. how can i get those in to the
    kernel.
    Thanks in advance.

    Prasanth S.

  2. Re: Windows partition on CentOS

    see if you have created a mount point for example /windows in the linux partiton.

    shibu
    -================-----------------========================------------------=

    panlin88@yahoo.com (Prasanth S.) wrote in message news:<8ac15467.0404061603.4c336976@posting.google.com>...
    > Hello,
    > Recently i have made my laptop a dual book (hda1 - Win XP, and
    > the other partitions - Linux - CentOS). I have done this before with
    > Redhat. But after bootin into linux, i dont see the windows partition
    > when i do 'df'. When i try to mount the windows partition (even though
    > i dont find it), i get a mesg sayin that my kernel doe'snt recognise
    > the ntfs or hpfs type filesystems. how can i get those in to the
    > kernel.
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Prasanth S.

  3. Re: Windows partition on CentOS

    Shibu,
    I was searching on the web and I came accross a possible solution.
    installing the ntfs module for the kernel (some linux-ntfs rpm i found
    on the net) and then trying to mount it again. may be becos my kernel
    doe'snt have the ntfs or hpfs support module, it was'nt even bothering
    to display the partition when i say df. Let me try that.

    toshibu@rediffmail.com (SHIBU) wrote in message news:<3eb805d6.0404070155.1a4535a0@posting.google.com>...
    > see if you have created a mount point for example /windows in the linux partiton.
    >
    > shibu
    > -================-----------------========================------------------=
    >

    > panlin88@yahoo.com (Prasanth S.) wrote in message news:<8ac15467.0404061603.4c336976@posting.google.com>...
    > > Hello,
    > > Recently i have made my laptop a dual book (hda1 - Win XP, and
    > > the other partitions - Linux - CentOS). I have done this before with
    > > Redhat. But after bootin into linux, i dont see the windows partition
    > > when i do 'df'. When i try to mount the windows partition (even though
    > > i dont find it), i get a mesg sayin that my kernel doe'snt recognise
    > > the ntfs or hpfs type filesystems. how can i get those in to the
    > > kernel.
    > > Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > > Prasanth S.

+ Reply to Thread