Hello Group - Linux

This is a discussion on Hello Group - Linux ; Hello Group,i have a small doubt,i was installing linux 8.0 through FTP,i have installed in 5 machines they are into one network,connected the hub and all the machines are into network,but the machines are unable to connect to the internet,i ...

  1. Hello Group

    Hello Group,i have a small doubt,i was installing linux 8.0 through
    FTP,i have installed in 5 machines they are into one network,connected
    the hub and all the machines are into network,but the machines are
    unable to connect to the internet,i have given each machine a seperate
    ip address to each machine,even the etho interface is been detected
    but i am unable to connect to the internet,could you please tel me wht
    the problem is,i wil b thankful to u,bye.

  2. Re: Hello Group

    srinivas said the following, on 04/03/04 19:10:
    > Hello Group,i have a small doubt,i was installing linux 8.0 through
    > FTP,i have installed in 5 machines they are into one network,connected
    > the hub and all the machines are into network,but the machines are
    > unable to connect to the internet,i have given each machine a seperate
    > ip address to each machine,even the etho interface is been detected
    > but i am unable to connect to the internet,could you please tel me wht
    > the problem is,i wil b thankful to u,bye.

    Perhaps you could provide a little more information about _how_ you are
    trying to connect to the Internet, what your environment is, and what
    symptoms you are seeing. Where did you get the IP addresses that you
    have used? (This is comp.os.linux.admin, not comp.os.linux.mindreaders.)

    You might also have a look at the following article:

    Rich Gibbs
    rgibbs@his.com

+ Reply to Thread