How to run ksh script on RedHat 8.0? - Linux

This is a discussion on How to run ksh script on RedHat 8.0? - Linux ; Hello, I'm trying to install jdbc drivers. In order to do that the documentation tells me to run: ../install.ksh file. However, when I do that I get the following error: ------------------------------------------------------------------------- [root@jdbcdrives]# ./install.ksh bash: ./install.ksh: /bin/ksh: bad interpreter: No such ...

  1. How to run ksh script on RedHat 8.0?

    Hello,

    I'm trying to install jdbc drivers. In order to do that the documentation
    tells me to run:
    ../install.ksh file. However, when I do that I get the following error:

    [root@jdbcdrives]# ./install.ksh
    bash: ./install.ksh: /bin/ksh: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
    [root@jdbcdrives]#

    Can somebody let me know how to run it or what is wrong with me Red Hat 8.0
    machine.

    Any help is greatly appreciated,
    les

  2. Re: How to run ksh script on RedHat 8.0?

    "adsf" wrote in message news:<%gHbc.30226$j57.1414676@news20.bellglobal.com>...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm trying to install jdbc drivers. In order to do that the documentation
    > tells me to run:
    > ./install.ksh file. However, when I do that I get the following error:

    > [root@jdbcdrives]# ./install.ksh
    > bash: ./install.ksh: /bin/ksh: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
    > [root@jdbcdrives]#
    >
    > Can somebody let me know how to run it or what is wrong with me Red Hat 8.0
    > machine.

    In order to run a ksh script you need to have ksh installed. Its a bit
    like in order to run a java program you need to have java installed.

    http://www.kornshell.com/

  3. Re: How to run ksh script on RedHat 8.0?

    "Mattias Honrendgard" wrote in message
    news:dd394218.0404031935.3cd785c5@posting.google.c om...
    > "adsf" wrote in message

    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I'm trying to install jdbc drivers. In order to do that the

    documentation
    > > tells me to run:
    > > ./install.ksh file. However, when I do that I get the following error:

    > > [root@jdbcdrives]# ./install.ksh
    > > bash: ./install.ksh: /bin/ksh: bad interpreter: No such file or

    directory
    > > [root@jdbcdrives]#

    > > Can somebody let me know how to run it or what is wrong with me Red Hat

    8.0
    > > machine.

    > In order to run a ksh script you need to have ksh installed.

    True enough. However, one doesn't need to run Korn Shell: pdksh works fine
    and comes with every Red Hat system (though it is not installed by default).
    I use it daily and make pdksh a standard part of my Linux installs.

    Bash should also be capable and can work almost as well, just by starting it
    up as ksh. It isn't installed this way in a default RH installation either.
    It also isn't a ksh clone, but supports all matter of extensions.

    I prefer pdksh myself - all ksh and no fluff.......

    Also remember that /bin/ksh has to exist - chances are pdksh will install to
    /usr/bin/ksh. Fix that this way:

    ln -s /usr/bin/ksh /bin/ksh

    ....or if you have a /usr volume, a better solution is:

    cp -av /usr/bin/ksh /bin/ksh

    The first makes a link to the true ksh binary, and the latter actually
    copies the binary. With just a link, if the /usr volume goes bad, then your
    ksh is unavailable - which is a problem if you depend entirely on ksh.....

+ Reply to Thread