SuSE SPARC edition - Linux

This is a discussion on SuSE SPARC edition - Linux ; Hello. I am trying to install SuSE 7.3 on my Sun Ultra 2. I have two hard drives, a 20GB quantum and a 36GB IBM (TTYS-T36950). The problem is that I cannot fdisk the IBM one. After searching, I found ...

  1. SuSE SPARC edition

    Hello. I am trying to install SuSE 7.3 on my Sun Ultra 2. I have two hard
    drives, a 20GB quantum and a 36GB IBM (TTYS-T36950). The problem is that I
    cannot fdisk the IBM one.
    After searching, I found that I have to create a SUN label on the disk. I
    have tried it with fdisk's "s" command, and it seems to work. However, auto
    configuration does not work, and I am not sure which option I should choose,
    so any good advice would be appreciated.
    Also, could someone please explain why I did not have any problem with the
    quantum disk. Both disks were previously used by Solaris, so I would expect
    the same behaviour on both.
    Thank you
    Greg

  2. Re: SuSE SPARC edition

    Greg wrote:
    > Hello. I am trying to install SuSE 7.3 on my Sun Ultra 2. I have two hard
    > drives, a 20GB quantum and a 36GB IBM (TTYS-T36950). The problem is that I
    > cannot fdisk the IBM one.

    Please post the error message.

    --
    Ben M.