Seeking information : System Administration Policies and Best Practices - Linux

This is a discussion on Seeking information : System Administration Policies and Best Practices - Linux ; Hi all, I was hoping to find information about system administration policies and practices that were in a platform independent manner. Eg. Policies for allocating accounts irrespective of the OS used. While I found some information, I was looking for ...

  1. Seeking information : System Administration Policies and Best Practices

    Hi all,

    I was hoping to find information about system administration policies
    and practices that were in a platform independent manner.
    Eg. Policies for allocating accounts irrespective of the OS used.

    While I found some information, I was looking for a forum where these
    best practices were developed in a more structured fashion .. in a
    manner similar to say ... Design Patterns.

    Any help / links /pointers will be highly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    sriad

  2. Re: Seeking information : System Administration Policies and Best Practices

    In article ,
    sriad_2@yahoo.com (sriad) wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I was hoping to find information about system administration policies
    > and practices that were in a platform independent manner.
    > Eg. Policies for allocating accounts irrespective of the OS used.
    >
    > While I found some information, I was looking for a forum where these
    > best practices were developed in a more structured fashion .. in a
    > manner similar to say ... Design Patterns.
    >
    > Any help / links /pointers will be highly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > sriad

    Check out

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...l/-/0201702711

    The Practice of System and Network Administration
    by Limoncelli and Hogan