best back up software for AS2.1 - Linux

This is a discussion on best back up software for AS2.1 - Linux ; Running Redhat Enterprise 2.1AS. A uname -a shows: Linux HOSTNAME 2.4.9-e.35smp #1 SMP Mon Dec 22 23:36:47 EST 2003 i686 unknown We have tried some open source system back up software(mondo and mkcdrec). Although we have had success with these ...

  1. best back up software for AS2.1

    Running Redhat Enterprise 2.1AS. A uname -a shows:
    Linux HOSTNAME 2.4.9-e.35smp #1 SMP Mon Dec 22 23:36:47 EST 2003 i686
    unknown

    We have tried some open source system back up software(mondo and
    mkcdrec). Although we have had success with these on non AS kernels
    and different distro's, nothing seems to work smoothly enough for us
    to be confident in a system back up on AS. Does anyone have any
    recommendations? The freer(?), cheaper, the better, but not to
    sacrifice at all on quality ya know. Anybody got some suggestions?
    TIA.

  2. Re: best back up software for AS2.1

    "sowbug" wrote in message
    news:e50e1609.0402251554.2f513e2a@posting.google.c om

    > We have tried some open source system back up software(mondo and
    > mkcdrec). Although we have had success with these on non AS kernels
    > and different distro's, nothing seems to work smoothly enough for us
    > to be confident in a system back up on AS. Does anyone have any
    > recommendations? The freer(?), cheaper, the better, but not to
    > sacrifice at all on quality ya know. Anybody got some suggestions?
    > TIA.

    AMANDA http://www.amanda.org/ will handle everything on your netwrok,
    backing up to a central tape server.

    tony