Kernel 2.6.3 - Linux

This is a discussion on Kernel 2.6.3 - Linux ; Hi every1. I'm trying to compile kernel 2.6.3 version. I'm getting an error that is: "fs/proc/array.c:398: confused by earlier erros, bailing out" "make[2]: *** [fs/proc/array.o] Error 1" "make[1]: *** [fs/proc] Error 2" "make: *** [fs] Error 2" Does any1 knows ...

  1. Kernel 2.6.3

    Hi every1.
    I'm trying to compile kernel 2.6.3 version.
    I'm getting an error that is:

    "fs/proc/array.c:398: confused by earlier erros, bailing out"
    "make[2]: *** [fs/proc/array.o] Error 1"
    "make[1]: *** [fs/proc] Error 2"
    "make: *** [fs] Error 2"

    Does any1 knows what is this refering about?
    I can't find the problem.

    Thanks in advance,
    Nuno.

  2. Re: Kernel 2.6.3

    I resolved the problem and i could even compile correctly the kernel, the
    problem was when e boot with this kernel, i got "kernel panic" message.
    Can any1 help me?

    Nuno.

  3. Re: Kernel 2.6.3

    "Tuga" wrote in message

    > I resolved the problem and i could even compile correctly the kernel,
    > the problem was when e boot with this kernel, i got "kernel panic"
    > message. Can any1 help me?

    Examine the /var/log/messages file, /var/log/boot.log and dmesg output for
    clues to the problem.

    tony

    --
    use hotmail for any email replies

  4. Re: Kernel 2.6.3

    ynotssor wrote:
    > "Tuga" wrote in message
    >

    >>I resolved the problem and i could even compile correctly the kernel,
    >>the problem was when e boot with this kernel, i got "kernel panic"
    >>message. Can any1 help me?

    > Examine the /var/log/messages file, /var/log/boot.log and dmesg output for
    > clues to the problem.
    >

    > tony

    Also make sure you have at least gcc-3.2 (I know some distros have
    gcc-2.9x and this is dire).

    --
    Ben M.

    What are Software Patents for?