Is there a document that describes kernel configuration specifically
as applied to Red Hat 8? I have the following problems:

My kernel sources apparently don't match the kernel I am running, and
this is causing problems for a driver I'm trying to build.

My system doesn't automagically load the module for the SCSI adaptor
to which my tape drive is attached, so I have to manually rmmod st,
then ldmod aic7xxx, then ldmod st each time I reboot. I'd like to
statically link aic7xxx, which I think would make my tape drive work
without further intervention.

This is Red Hat 8 as supplied by Dell, pre-loaded on one of their
servers, if that helps any.