dual boot - Linux

This is a discussion on dual boot - Linux ; Hi groups my system is a dual boot with linux and windows in it,while installing linux i choose windows to be my default boot OS,now can i change it in to linux OS as my default boot OS.Can u tell ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: dual boot

  1. dual boot

    Hi groups my system is a dual boot with linux and windows in it,while
    installing linux i choose windows to be my default boot OS,now can i
    change it in to linux OS as my default boot OS.Can u tell me how to do
    it,
    Thanx and bye.

  2. Re: dual boot

    On 10 Jan 2004 15:02:22 -0800, srinivas wrote:
    > Hi groups my system is a dual boot with linux and windows in it,while
    > installing linux i choose windows to be my default boot OS,now can i
    > change it in to linux OS as my default boot OS.Can u tell me how to do
    > it,


    Please read http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
    depends on your boot loader (grub, lilo, ...)

    Today's Tip of the Day, very large
    Frequently Asked Questions (faq) Search engine:

    http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
    change default boot in the first box
    *linux* in Newsgroup, U need 2 use *, pick English

    Results 1 - 10 of about 25,300. Search took 2.34 seconds.

  3. Re: dual boot

    Bit Twister wrote:

    >
    > Today's Tip of the Day, very large
    > Frequently Asked Questions (faq) Search engine:
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
    > change default boot in the first box
    > *linux* in Newsgroup, U need 2 use *, pick English
    >
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 25,300. Search took 2.34 seconds.


    Darnit every time I try this it doesn't work
    I must be doing something wrong.

  4. Re: dual boot

    On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:00:19 GMT, Baho Utot wrote:
    > Bit Twister wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> Today's Tip of the Day, very large
    >> Frequently Asked Questions (faq) Search engine:
    >>
    >> http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
    >> change default boot in the first box
    >> *linux* in Newsgroup, U need 2 use *, pick English
    >>
    >> Results 1 - 10 of about 25,300. Search took 2.34 seconds.

    >
    > Darnit every time I try this it doesn't work
    > I must be doing something wrong.


    Yes and no. Use a good news reader, slrn,

    Maybe you have a preference set which convert some character sequences
    into formatting commands and lose what is displayed.

    the *linux* in Newsgroup, U need 2 use *, pick English
    line above has three asterisks where the Xs are found in the next line
    the XlinuxX in Newsgroup, U need 2 use X, pick English


  5. Re: dual boot

    Bit Twister wrote:

    > On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:00:19 GMT, Baho Utot wrote:
    >> Bit Twister wrote:
    >>
    >>>
    >>> Today's Tip of the Day, very large
    >>> Frequently Asked Questions (faq) Search engine:
    >>>
    >>> http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
    >>> change default boot in the first box
    >>> *linux* in Newsgroup, U need 2 use *, pick
    >>> English
    >>>
    >>> Results 1 - 10 of about 25,300. Search took 2.34 seconds.

    >>
    >> Darnit every time I try this it doesn't work
    >> I must be doing something wrong.

    >
    > Yes and no. Use a good news reader, slrn,
    >
    > Maybe you have a preference set which convert some character sequences
    > into formatting commands and lose what is displayed.
    >
    > the *linux* in Newsgroup, U need 2 use *, pick English
    > line above has three asterisks where the Xs are found in the next line
    > the XlinuxX in Newsgroup, U need 2 use X, pick English



    I was using Konqueror.

  6. Re: dual boot

    On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 18:00:19 GMT, Baho Utot wrote:

    > I was using Konqueror.


    Hmm, both of your posts in this thread, show
    User-Agent: KNode/0.7.2

  7. Re: dual boot

    Bit Twister wrote:

    > On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 18:00:19 GMT, Baho Utot wrote:
    >
    >> I was using Konqueror.

    >
    > Hmm, both of your posts in this thread, show
    > User-Agent: KNode/0.7.2


    I mean when I tried going to google, I was using konqueror.

    And yes I do use knode here.

  8. Re: dual boot

    On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 22:01:01 GMT, Baho Utot wrote:
    > Bit Twister wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 18:00:19 GMT, Baho Utot wrote:
    >>
    >>> I was using Konqueror.

    >>
    >> Hmm, both of your posts in this thread, show
    >> User-Agent: KNode/0.7.2

    >
    > I mean when I tried going to google, I was using konqueror.
    >
    > And yes I do use knode here.


    But I assume your news reader removed the asterisks around linux in
    the Newsgroup box, which made linux bold. When you tried google you only
    entered linux instead of asterisklinuxasterisk.

+ Reply to Thread