    root?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: modifying user.

    http://www.courtesan.com/sudo/

    > Thanks.

    HTH,
    Peter
    --
    My real address is gijoe at mail dot nu

  3. Re: modifying user.

    look into the command sudo. sudo the user to be able to top, ps, and kill
    should suffice. know that this will give the user the ability to kill root
    processes also, though.

    --josh

    --
    To Run Fast, You Must Run Fast.
    -- http://www.MyRunning.com --

    buster wrote:

    > hello,
    >
    > using command line only how would I enable a user to be able to
    > monitor and control other user processes without making that user
    > root?
    >
    > Thanks.

  4. Re: modifying user.

    Thanks guys.
    But I am looking for a better alternative. Since this requires a
    password to be entered and I have scripts that won't be able to accept
    a password.
    I need for the user logged in to be able to control processes alone.

    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread