Configuring 2 port PCI serial card - Linux

This is a discussion on Configuring 2 port PCI serial card - Linux ; Hi All, Can someone please advise me on how to configure a 2 port PCI serial card. The motherboard has 1 serial port (configured for Modem) and as RH9.0. When I issue lspci -v, I get : 01:02.0 Communication controller: ...

  1. Configuring 2 port PCI serial card

    Hi All,

    Can someone please advise me on how to configure a 2 port PCI serial card.
    The motherboard has 1 serial port (configured for Modem) and as RH9.0.

    When I issue lspci -v, I get :

    01:02.0 Communication controller: NetMos Technology 222N-2 I/O Card (2S+1P)
    (rev 01)
    Subsystem: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic: Unknown device 0012
    Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 9
    I/O ports at dc00 [size=8]
    I/O ports at d880 [size=8]
    I/O ports at d800 [size=8]
    I/O ports at d480 [size=8]
    I/O ports at d400 [size=8]
    I/O ports at d080 [size=16]

    However I haven't got a clue on how to configure!!?. Port ttyS0 is
    configured to use the modem. I want the above serial ports configured so I
    can connect VT screens (serial login)

    Any help will be appreciated.

    Hiten patel

  2. Re: Configuring 2 port PCI serial card

    Have you tried setserial?

    Andy

    --------------------------
    Andy Smith, MCP
    wasmith32@earthlink.net
    --------------------------

    Hitendra Patel wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Can someone please advise me on how to configure a 2 port PCI serial card.
    > The motherboard has 1 serial port (configured for Modem) and as RH9.0.
    >
    > When I issue lspci -v, I get :
    >
    > 01:02.0 Communication controller: NetMos Technology 222N-2 I/O Card (2S+1P)
    > (rev 01)
    > Subsystem: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic: Unknown device 0012
    > Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 9
    > I/O ports at dc00 [size=8]
    > I/O ports at d880 [size=8]
    > I/O ports at d800 [size=8]
    > I/O ports at d480 [size=8]
    > I/O ports at d400 [size=8]
    > I/O ports at d080 [size=16]
    >
    > However I haven't got a clue on how to configure!!?. Port ttyS0 is
    > configured to use the modem. I want the above serial ports configured so I
    > can connect VT screens (serial login)
    >
    > Any help will be appreciated.
    >
    > Hiten patel

  3. Re: Configuring 2 port PCI serial card

    "Hitendra Patel" wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Can someone please advise me on how to configure a 2 port PCI serial card.
    > The motherboard has 1 serial port (configured for Modem) and as RH9.0.
    >
    > When I issue lspci -v, I get :
    >
    > 01:02.0 Communication controller: NetMos Technology 222N-2 I/O Card

    (2S+1P)
    > (rev 01)
    > Subsystem: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic: Unknown device 0012
    > Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 9
    > I/O ports at dc00 [size=8]
    > I/O ports at d880 [size=8]
    > I/O ports at d800 [size=8]
    > I/O ports at d480 [size=8]
    > I/O ports at d400 [size=8]
    > I/O ports at d080 [size=16]
    >
    > However I haven't got a clue on how to configure!!?. Port ttyS0 is
    > configured to use the modem. I want the above serial ports configured so

    > can connect VT screens (serial login)

    well, with setserial you want to configure /dev/ttyS2 (or your choice,
    really)..
    you want to tell linux the base io port (eg 0xdc000, irq 9 and "share_irq"
    and 'auto_config' )

    Try all the io ports you listed (eg d400, d480, d800 ) one by one until you
    get the serial port to work.

    The parallel port is at d080, i cant tell cause it has 16 io ports ...
    Well I think that is it.try that first...

+ Reply to Thread