Trusted Node - Linux

This is a discussion on Trusted Node - Linux ; I've setup a cluster to run computations and I'm having trouble getting the client nodes to allow rsh/rlogin without asking for passwords. My /.rhosts and /etc/hosts.equiv files just contain a "+" so all nodes should be trusted right? I'm used ...

  1. Trusted Node

    I've setup a cluster to run computations and I'm having trouble
    getting the client nodes to allow rsh/rlogin without asking for
    passwords. My /.rhosts and /etc/hosts.equiv files just contain a "+"
    so all nodes should be trusted right?

    I'm used to running Solaris and I'm still learning the little
    differences of Linux. What am I missing? I'm running Redhat 8.

    Thanks

    Randy

  2. Re: Trusted Node

    Suggest using ssh - you could enable rsh however this is insecure compared to ssh.
    Regards
    Stuart
    rsieb@msxi.com (Randy) wrote in message news:<5e06f25.0312100443.14bd2009@posting.google.com>...
    > I've setup a cluster to run computations and I'm having trouble
    > getting the client nodes to allow rsh/rlogin without asking for
    > passwords. My /.rhosts and /etc/hosts.equiv files just contain a "+"
    > so all nodes should be trusted right?
    >
    > I'm used to running Solaris and I'm still learning the little
    > differences of Linux. What am I missing? I'm running Redhat 8.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Randy

+ Reply to Thread