command needed - Linux

This is a discussion on command needed - Linux ; how can i find that what kind/speed of cpu is in my system in text mode i am using redhat linux v 9.0...

  1. command needed

    how can i find that what kind/speed of cpu is in my system
    in text mode i am using redhat linux v 9.0

  2. Re: command needed

    On 6 Dec 2003 00:22:44 -0800, Faqirullah wrote:
    > how can i find that what kind/speed of cpu is in my system
    > in text mode i am using redhat linux v 9.0

    try
    grep "MHz processor" /var/log/messages
    or edit the file and search for Initializing CPU and read from there.

  3. Re: command needed

    Faqirullah wrote:
    > how can i find that what kind/speed of cpu is in my system
    > in text mode i am using redhat linux v 9.0

    cat /proc/cpuinfo

    Jack

    --
    "They that can give up essential | remove 'SPAMisBAD' from
    liberty to obtain a little temporary | email address

+ Reply to Thread