CUPS & Mozilla - Linux

This is a discussion on CUPS & Mozilla - Linux ; Is there a method of getting Mozilla to see my printers? When I try to print, it just shows Postscript/default in the printer list. I'm using CUPS for printing and that seems to work pretty well for most applications. However, ...

  1. CUPS & Mozilla

    Is there a method of getting Mozilla to see my printers? When I try to
    print, it just shows Postscript/default in the printer list. I'm using
    CUPS for printing and that seems to work pretty well for most
    applications. However, Mozilla (which I want to print from frequently)
    shows just the one. It ends up going to one of my printers (a Samsung
    ML1210 laser that CUPS shows as lp) but I'd like to be able to select my
    colour inkjet sometimes

    Any advice?.

  2. Re: CUPS & Mozilla

    Gary Dale wrote:

    > Is there a method of getting Mozilla to see my printers? When I try to
    > print, it just shows Postscript/default in the printer list. I'm using
    > CUPS for printing and that seems to work pretty well for most
    > applications. However, Mozilla (which I want to print from frequently)
    > shows just the one. It ends up going to one of my printers (a Samsung
    > ML1210 laser that CUPS shows as lp) but I'd like to be able to select my
    > colour inkjet sometimes
    >
    > Any advice?.

    Gary,

    Are you using KDE?
    I am, and so in Mozilla, when I click on Print, then it
    shows Postscript/default, I click on the Properties box at
    the right. In there, change the Print Command to:
    kprinter --stdin

    Mozilla should remember that preference. Anyway, after
    setting that, then whenever I print, a new print window
    (kprinter) pops up and lets me select any of my
    CUPS-configured printers.
    Hope this works for you also.

    John

+ Reply to Thread