Oracle 8.1.7 & RH 7.2 - Linux

This is a discussion on Oracle 8.1.7 & RH 7.2 - Linux ; Hi, Folks I am traying to install Oracle 8.1.7.0.1 Enterprise Edition fol Linux on RH7.2 (Kernel 2.4.7-10) PS: Celeron 466 MHz, 128 MB RAM When I start installation form CD, on screen Select installation type (Tipical or Custom), after few ...

  1. Oracle 8.1.7 & RH 7.2

    Hi, Folks

    I am traying to install Oracle 8.1.7.0.1 Enterprise Edition fol Linux on
    RH7.2 (Kernel 2.4.7-10)
    PS: Celeron 466 MHz, 128 MB RAM

    When I start installation form CD, on screen Select installation type
    (Tipical or Custom), after few minits (during the process Executin
    Pre-requests) installation procedure broken down without logs or messages.

    Does someone have any suggestions?

    Thank's!!!

  2. Re: Oracle 8.1.7 & RH 7.2

    "tabinja" wrote in message

    > I am traying to install Oracle 8.1.7.0.1 Enterprise Edition fol Linux
    > on RH7.2 (Kernel 2.4.7-10)
    > PS: Celeron 466 MHz, 128 MB RAM
    >
    > When I start installation form CD, on screen Select installation type
    > (Tipical or Custom), after few minits (during the process Executin
    > Pre-requests) installation procedure broken down without logs or
    > messages.
    >
    > Does someone have any suggestions?

    Does the machine have sufficient memory and swap space? The Java
    installation tool in 8i is unfortunately a *real* resource hog.

    tony

    --
    use hotmail for any email replies

  3. Re: Oracle 8.1.7 & RH 7.2

    tabinja wrote:
    > Hi, Folks
    >
    > I am traying to install Oracle 8.1.7.0.1 Enterprise Edition fol Linux on
    > RH7.2 (Kernel 2.4.7-10)
    > PS: Celeron 466 MHz, 128 MB RAM
    >
    > When I start installation form CD, on screen Select installation type
    > (Tipical or Custom), after few minits (during the process Executin
    > Pre-requests) installation procedure broken down without logs or messages.

    You must change SHMMAX(?) in kernel sources, recompile kernel, set some
    kernel parameters (shared memory, ...). All in instruction from Oracle.

    good-luck

  4. Re: Oracle 8.1.7 & RH 7.2

    "ahoja" wrote in message
    > tabinja wrote:
    > > Hi, Folks
    > >
    > > I am traying to install Oracle 8.1.7.0.1 Enterprise Edition fol Linux on
    > > RH7.2 (Kernel 2.4.7-10)
    > > PS: Celeron 466 MHz, 128 MB RAM
    > >
    > > When I start installation form CD, on screen Select installation type
    > > (Tipical or Custom), after few minits (during the process Executin
    > > Pre-requests) installation procedure broken down without logs or

    messages.

    > You must change SHMMAX(?) in kernel sources, recompile kernel, set some
    > kernel parameters (shared memory, ...). All in instruction from Oracle.
    >
    > good-luck

    Thanks,
    but I do it before starting installation procedure for Oracle. Creted
    rc.config and add lines:
    cd /proc/sys/kernel
    echo 250 32000 100 128 > sem
    echo 4294967295 > shmax
    echo 4096 > shmin

    and add it into the /etc/rc

  5. Re: Oracle 8.1.7 & RH 7.2

    "tabinja" wrote in message

    > Thanks,
    > but I do it before starting installation procedure for Oracle. Creted
    > rc.config and add lines:
    > cd /proc/sys/kernel
    > echo 250 32000 100 128 > sem
    > echo 4294967295 > shmax