Setiathome & cron - Linux

This is a discussion on Setiathome & cron - Linux ; hello all, fairly new to linux but I was hoping that someone could help me out with seting up setathome to check hourly to make sure that it is running... don't want to miss an hour... might miss that big ...

  1. Setiathome & cron

    hello all, fairly new to linux but I was hoping that someone could help me
    out with seting up setathome to check hourly to make sure that it is
    running... don't want to miss an hour... might miss that big block that
    changes the universe..

    anyways i have seti instlled and can run in terminal

    seti path
    /usr/seti

    exec
    ../setiathome

    and then there is the option of

    > /dev/null 2> /dev/null

    whick are in the readme in the setiathome stuff.. but how to I set that up
    in the cron.hourly

    if someon would be so kind to help me out that would be great...

    thank
    Jonathon

  2. Re: Setiathome & cron

    this is how it can be done:

    crontab [-u user] -e (to edit your user crontab)

    then add the following line in your crontab

    0 * * * * cd /usr/seti/; ./setiathome -nice 19 > /dev/null 2>
    /dev/null

    this tries to start setiathome every hour at 0 minutes, if it is
    already running, it will do nothing.

    you can read the README file in the setiathome directory and also
    checkout the man page for crontab.

    good luck!

    vikrant

    "Linux Guy" wrote in message news:...
    > hello all, fairly new to linux but I was hoping that someone could help me
    > out with seting up setathome to check hourly to make sure that it is
    > running... don't want to miss an hour... might miss that big block that
    > changes the universe..
    >
    > anyways i have seti instlled and can run in terminal
    >
    > seti path
    > /usr/seti
    >
    > exec
    > ./setiathome
    >
    > and then there is the option of
    >
    > > /dev/null 2> /dev/null

    > whick are in the readme in the setiathome stuff.. but how to I set that up
    > in the cron.hourly
    >
    > if someon would be so kind to help me out that would be great...
    >
    > thank
    > Jonathon

+ Reply to Thread