installing 2 network cards - Linux

This is a discussion on installing 2 network cards - Linux ; hi groups,i have a problem with installing two network cards in a linux box,actually i need to build a cluster where i need one card for LAN and one for internet,when i installed one card for LAN it was in ...

  1. installing 2 network cards

    hi groups,i have a problem with installing two network cards in a
    linux box,actually i need to build a cluster where i need one card for
    LAN and one for internet,when i installed one card for LAN it was in
    the network and when i tried to install an other card giving a dynamic
    IP address for it,both cards were not working,i dont know why and one
    more thing when i was configuring the second card it asked me whether
    to migrate the other card and i choose no,still it was not working,
    can you just tell me the steps in configuring 2 network cards, one for
    LAN and the other for internet,i would be very thankful to you if you
    help me out,i hope you will help me,ok thanx and bye.

  2. Re: installing 2 network cards

    On 20 Nov 2003 15:20:18 -0800, srinivas wrote:
    > hi groups,i have a problem with installing two network cards in a
    > linux box,actually i need to build a cluster where i need one card for
    > LAN and one for internet,when i installed one card for LAN it was in
    > the network and when i tried to install an other card giving a dynamic
    > IP address for it,both cards were not working,i dont know why and one
    > more thing when i was configuring the second card it asked me whether
    > to migrate the other card and i choose no,still it was not working,
    > can you just tell me the steps in configuring 2 network cards, one for
    > LAN and the other for internet,i would be very thankful to you if you
    > help me out,i hope you will help me,ok thanx and bye.

    Please read http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

    slrnb3nsk3.1pn.BitTwister@wb.home in message id box

  3. Re: installing 2 network cards

    Bit Twister wrote in message news:...
    > On 20 Nov 2003 15:20:18 -0800, srinivas wrote:
    > > hi groups,i have a problem with installing two network cards in a
    > > linux box,actually i need to build a cluster where i need one card for
    > > LAN and one for internet,when i installed one card for LAN it was in
    > > the network and when i tried to install an other card giving a dynamic
    > > IP address for it,both cards were not working,i dont know why and one
    > > more thing when i was configuring the second card it asked me whether
    > > to migrate the other card and i choose no,still it was not working,
    > > can you just tell me the steps in configuring 2 network cards, one for
    > > LAN and the other for internet,i would be very thankful to you if you
    > > help me out,i hope you will help me,ok thanx and bye.

    > Please read http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
    >

    > http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
    > slrnb3nsk3.1pn.BitTwister@wb.home in message id box

    hey i didnt find the answer to my question in ur site.could you please
    be specific,bye.

  4. Re: installing 2 network cards

    On 20 Nov 2003 23:46:35 -0800, srinivas wrote:
    > Bit Twister wrote in message news:...
    >> On 20 Nov 2003 15:20:18 -0800, srinivas wrote:
    >> > hi groups,i have a problem with installing two network cards in a
    >> > linux box,actually i need to build a cluster where i need one card for
    >> > LAN and one for internet,when i installed one card for LAN it was in
    >> > the network and when i tried to install an other card giving a dynamic
    >> > IP address for it,both cards were not working,i dont know why and one
    >> > more thing when i was configuring the second card it asked me whether
    >> > to migrate the other card and i choose no,still it was not working,
    >> > can you just tell me the steps in configuring 2 network cards, one for
    >> > LAN and the other for internet,i would be very thankful to you if you
    >> > help me out,i hope you will help me,ok thanx and bye.

    >> Please read http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
    >>

    >> http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
    >> slrnb3nsk3.1pn.BitTwister@wb.home in message id box

    > hey i didnt find the answer to my question in ur site.

    That is not my site. You did not give us enough
    information to start on your question.

    > could you please be specific,bye.

    "Be precise and informative about your problem"
    the second bullet applies to you post.

    The second url show an example diagram so we can give more exact
    answers and possible files to look at.

    We need the output from route and ifconfig.

  5. Re: installing 2 network cards

    Bit Twister wrote in message news:...
    > On 20 Nov 2003 23:46:35 -0800, srinivas wrote:
    > > Bit Twister wrote in message news:...

    hey u just tel me how to install 2 network cards,one for LAN and the
    other to use for the outside internet,i just need the procedure,should
    i set some variables,if the question is not specific i am sorry,bye.

+ Reply to Thread