Cpanel vs. Ensim - Linux

This is a discussion on Cpanel vs. Ensim - Linux ; Hello, I administrate a web server for an educational non-profit. We host the sites of around 100 smaller orgs that are sympathetic to our cause. We have been using the Ensim web appliance for about two years ( http://www.ensim.com/products/webppliance/index.html ). ...

  1. Cpanel vs. Ensim

    Hello,

    I administrate a web server for an educational non-profit. We host
    the sites of around 100 smaller orgs that are sympathetic to our
    cause.

    We have been using the Ensim web appliance for about two years
    (http://www.ensim.com/products/webppliance/index.html).

    We are reasonably happy with it, but we're not happy with our current
    ISP.

    We are moving ISPs and many offer Cpanel/WHM (http://www.cpanel.net)
    instead of (or in addition to) Ensim.

    Has anyone had experience with both? Does anyone know of any good
    third party reviews? Does anyone know of a better newsgroup for me to
    post this question to?

    Thanks much!

    Be well
    August E. Brunsman IV
    Web/Database Programmer & Systems Administrator
    august@humaniststudies.org
    Institute For Humanist Studies
    http://www.humaniststudies.org
    614.596.7940 (my cell)
    518.432.7820 (central office)

  2. Re: Cpanel vs. Ensim

    Cpanel and Ensim both great control panels,

    Ensim :
    Based on the zope and its secure and stable, does not offer lots of features
    but its stable. There so many ISP provide ensim hosting.
    Search the google for ensim hosting.

    Cpanel :
    Based on perl, Its also relatively stable and secure. But offer very neat
    features and easy to use interface. Lots of Hosting company prepare cpanel
    because, Its functionality and easy to use interface.

    hope that helps, if you are looking for place to find out visit
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com. if you search on that forum you will find
    many post about it.

    --
    Regards
    Xerophyte
    "August E. Brunsman IV" wrote in message
    news:dd187a83.0311171330.6383af9b@posting.google.c om...
    > Hello,
    >

    > I administrate a web server for an educational non-profit. We host
    > the sites of around 100 smaller orgs that are sympathetic to our
    > cause.
    >

    > We have been using the Ensim web appliance for about two years
    > (http://www.ensim.com/products/webppliance/index.html).
    >

    > We are reasonably happy with it, but we're not happy with our current
    > ISP.
    >

    > We are moving ISPs and many offer Cpanel/WHM (http://www.cpanel.net)
    > instead of (or in addition to) Ensim.
    >

    > Has anyone had experience with both? Does anyone know of any good
    > third party reviews? Does anyone know of a better newsgroup for me to
    > post this question to?
    >

    > Thanks much!
    >

    > Be well
    > August E. Brunsman IV
    > Web/Database Programmer & Systems Administrator
    > august@humaniststudies.org
    > Institute For Humanist Studies
    > http://www.humaniststudies.org
    > 614.596.7940 (my cell)